Masters Running

Best Race Times in 2009 (Read 2433 times)

#artbydmcbride

sekrit message to Tetsujin;     oot hcu myre vuo yssim I

kinPrM wasr even I

Smile

Runners run

I know I mainly only lurk here, but anyway:

F45-49

10K: 44:45

Half Marathon: 1:39:59

Thanks Ilene!

Not sure where it ranks me but:

M40 - 44

5K - 22:47

5 mile - 37:09

10K - 49:35 

15K - 1:21:53

1/2 Marathon - 1:55:05

Marathon - 4:10:08

Hope to knock 18 - 20 minutes of 10 miler in 3 weeks; 10-12 minutes of Half 9/13 ; 25 min off Mar 10/18

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dear ilene,

thanks for the good times; it was fun for a while. Hope we can do it again sometime.

Unfortunately, I need to be put back in my place up there with my Michigan nemesis, . . .

if it’s possible for such a nice guy to be a nemesis. sorry.

ps - 50-54AG mikemp had some good times in Japan too.

. . . . . 5K - 21:18

. . . . . marathon - 3:44:50

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dear ilene,

how’s the 20 mile tapering going for the 5 mile Bridge Run?

After July’s first one hour-plus stand-alone 10K and the doc saying this week that knee isn’t gunna be gettin’ any better, I went out to prove him wrong for a final assault on tselb’s best time (54:43) on the flat and fast 10K waterfront course I used to do in sub-50's (albeit barely) not so long ago.

Wrong.- 1:02:32

However, I’d rather be second to selbs, or anybody, than not at all.

Thanks.

ps - please update marathon to 5:17:56 (8/1 Frank Maier Marathon in Juneau) before

selbs decides to run one too.

pps - didn’t mean to sandbag him but better move me back up to his AG too.

ppps - it's all in Japanese so maybe he doesn't undersand it either but mikemp's 3:41:40 in the 7/25 Imperial Palace Marathon got him first place by 57 minutes!

pppps - no particular reason but how far below one hour is your 10K PR

and how many years ago? Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

jules2

Ilene,

Hope the forest fires are nowhere near you. 

Did I tell you we have a new addition to the crew? as soon as I find the memory chip my camera I'll send you a photo.

distance=10 mile, time= 1:10:30, age group = 55-59 ( yes I know I know I look a lot younger ) where= John Fraser 10 Countesthorpe 6/9/2009

no idea where I was placed as I couldn't be bothered to wait, it was a bit of a hilly course with a hill for every mile run.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

I keep forgetting about this...Thanks Ilene!

I'd like to add: 20k ---1:28:30----40-44 age group.

Cheers

CNYrunner

Hey I just saw this...here are my times:

M40-44

1 mile 5:59 (6/16/09)

5K  21:45 (5/30/09)

10K 46:40 (7/4/09)

Half Marathon 1:44:28 (3/15/09)

Marathon - I'd rather not talk about it.

OK-  my 5K is now 24:05 and my 10K is 52:34.

Thanks.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

19:53 yesterday (5k)

I guess I'm out of the Clydesdale category now (198 pounds) so I'd be in the regular 40-44 group. 

It felt great to meet a sub-20 goal.  On the flip side I was beat easliy by a guy run-walking.  So I know that I'm not all that fast. 

A 48-year old ran 15:14 and a 40-year old female ran 16:52.  My freakin' goodness those times are fast.  It was a straight shot for the first half-mile but at that turn the leaders were already out of site.  Some of these local 5k's get some amazing runners. 

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

hi i -

did anybody you know get any PR's or AG's in any 10K's this weekend?

my knee was cooperating enough last week to bring 10K time down to 1:01:30 fastest 10K of the year but, unfortunately, it was a half mary.  Fortunately, selbsie and maybe rochie haven't done any halfs yet this year so give me an AG too at 1:17:34. 

Thanks.

ps - how many half mary's, long runs, etc. are you going to do for tapering for Long Beach.

pps - say "konnichi way" to dromy, . .. and that I hope she tapers like me not you. Smile

also tell her she is very kirei.

#artbydmcbride

hi t,  not that I know of.

So was your half mary really 1:17 or 2:17?   Did you tell the intrepid thread about that race?  Smile

I plan 2 more 20 mile runs and a 10k race before the marathon, do you think I should taper more?   Big grin

I will tell dromy

Runners run

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks, ilene. 

whoops, at least it wasn't 3:17. 

bad bad, bad for missing intrepit, for the first time, I think.

Actually, even though it's only a half mary, with it being francesca dea's annual traditional fall run, I've always like the Jock'n'Jill and wanted to register again but, with entry fees going up from $30 to $55 ($65DOR) in a couple of years, and with the event's barefoot logo on the long-sleeve tech shirts that are so popular being replaced by the shoe store's name all over the place, I vowed last year would be my last Jock'n'Jill.

However, I went out anyway when Ironman Frank couldn't make it and asked if I could keep an eye on Duathlon Syvia who was still feeling a little down after an unfortunate DQ in the Ironman Canada the week before.

However, instead of DOR $65, when the line got up to the registration table, the registrar said, "we're so sorry, we only have extra-small t-shirts left or you can register for $25."  "Oh, that's too bad" we feigned as we gladly paid $25.

unfortunately, didn't see italiano goddess,.   However, did get a glimpse of megamarthoner King of :Pink in a rare half mary.

ps - not for me (this time anyway), and no particular reason, but if there is only one AG entrant, is it first place or last place?

thanks.

pps - please tell Intrepid Princess I'm sorry and give her a big hug.

ppps - I think you're tapering like erika tapers.

pppps - i like your pink too.

evanflein

Hey Ilene, until TanyaS runs an 8k, I'm going to throw my 37:23 in there for my race last month! Thanks!
                              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hey, I can be on the list!  Because no one else my age has run the distance!

F45-49 - 5 miles - 54:10.  Whoo hoo!