Masters Running

Thu Nov 20 Runs, Nonruns, Workouts and Nonworkouts (Read 668 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I don't think I'll see many shirtless runners around here. -15 this morning...
    Bunch of wussies.... Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Big grin Holly (wearing her fat pants this week)
      I've been doing that for 4 years now.... Today, I said, "Put these on" to myself -- a pair of Champion general work out pants. I swear, I'd kill the designer if I ever found him/her. These pants go out of their way to hug and accentuate my "reserve fuel" sitting on my upper thigh... Just puts it out there like some trophy. Angry So instead of taking them off, I got out a big long sweater and put it on over them. And went downstairs and ate some cornbread. Dead Today's a rest day for me. Just cleaning up the house as my husband comes home from Seattle tonight.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I think we need a self help thread. I no longer have fat pants and refuse to buy any - I just undo the button and hope no one notices. I find that wearing pants two days in a row helps stretch them out, so the 2nd day you actually feel like you may have lost a pound or 2!! Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

Big grin Dg - you must be fully healed before you starting doing intervals, which you are not. I still have that duct tape, and I'm not afraid to use it. Evil grin Holly (wearing her fat pants this week)
          Holly, thank you. I appreciate your concern!! now... lemme see. hmm. when was it that YOU became comletely healed? I think I wrote it down, but I lost it. I have duct tape too. Evil grin very funny about the fat pants. we don't believe you. well, you might as well come up here & finish DH"s pizza for me. Nono you're so much fun. thanks for the yoga info. I don't think I have access to that, but I did get the dvd I used to like. I view it the same way you do. being nice to ourselves.... no we can't have that!

Marathon Maniac #957

Meg – hi! I remember you, one of those fast-runnin’ wimmin.....I WISH I could run 6 miles at 7:50 pace....Big grin Re Facebook – I have a profile over there. I don’t spend that much time there, but I do pop over there several times a week to see what everyone’s been up to. Dg - pizza...mmmmm....no, no, NO.... I made a vow this morning that tonight I'm going to throw away that apple pie I made that DH is not eating quickly enough....help me be strong in the face of homemade pie....on the way to the trash can pieces may inexplicably fly into my open mouth.... Roll eyes

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I think we need a self help thread. I no longer have fat pants and refuse to buy any - I just undo the button and hope no one notices. I find that wearing pants two days in a row helps stretch them out, so the 2nd day you actually feel like you may have lost a pound or 2!! Big grin
              (((raising hand and bobbing head up and down in agreement))) Nono - Mmmm cornbread! Especially with a big crock pot of pinto beans w/hammock and fried potatoes! One of my favorite meals as a kid. Slap on some butter and ketchup, and I am in hog heaven! . . . and gaining weight just thinking about it. Undecided

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Throw away a perfectly good apple pie? What are you Holly, crazy?! Big grin I just made a new recipe for a spice cake with 2 cups of Leine's honey weiss in it. Topped it off with caramel frosting. Now, every time someone cuts a slice, I have to "even out the row." There's nothing worse than a crooked line in a cake pan....

Marathon Maniac #957

Now, every time someone cuts a slice, I have to "even out the row." There's nothing worse than a crooked line in a cake pan....
                  Okay, that's it - you hit the nail on the head there for me....I CANNOT BEAR an uneven row....sometimes I have to make it a little uneven, just to even it out.....I do the same thing with the ice cream, too.... Sad

dg.

ack. Mary, this is why I'm not so sure I think a self help thread is good. we've done it before. very very dangerous. Shocked

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey, you remember this guy? Dexter’s all grown up now (1.5 years), Westie mother and Cairne Terrier father, and his parents have another litter, 4 weeks old now. We’ve decided to buy one of the girl-puppies. We’ll make our choice in a week, and bring her home 3 weeks later. Daisy seems to be the name of choice so far....

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Awwwwe!!!! He is so cute - I love the name Daisy .... Daisy and Dexter just go together!! (Thanks for changing the subject too Holly). Wink

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

evanflein

Dexter and Daisy... cute. We do need an updated picture of Dexter though, I'm sure he'd be embarrassed that you're posting that baby shot. Hi Meg! (aka "She Who Hates The Wind") I think of you every time I run in wind. Thought of you a lot last fall in Bellingham! Sorry to hear you have a pain in the butt. There are a couple of those around here that I know of. Big grin Since Lou was so kind and invited you over here to play with us, I think I'll forgive him for his faux pas earlier today. Maybe we should start a separate thread so all the guys don't have to read about our fat pant strategies and B&M in here. I don't bake anymore for exactly those reasons: my DH and kids don't eat the stuff fast enough, and I'm terribly OC about the "straightening out the edges" thing. It's terrible. So nope, don't let it in the house. See why I'm pissed? I don't eat sweets, I don't eat dessert, I only snack on good stuff (fruit, high fiber stuff, veggies, etc) and I still gain weight. Right before Thanksgiving. Crap. Angry (Guess I should've warned a little that I'm in a cranky mood today... or was that obvious...?)
                            Hey arf and evanflein! Adorable picture of Dexter there. My brother's dog is named Dexter, though he's a young very goofy lab mix from the pound so not very similar looking. I like the name Daisy for a dog - very cute. arf, the main stretch I do for piriformis is that one where you lie on the floor on your stomach with your leg sort of folded under you. I imagine it has a yoga name but I cannot recall it. It's great for the piriformis. I also have been doing hip flexor stretches, which I find help quite a bit. The other thing I recall helping a lot is exercises/stretches for the adductor and abductor muscles. Thankfully, it does ease as you get warmed up. I definitely find it worst in the mornings after lying down all night and/or after sitting for long periods. I refuse to weigh myself so I have no idea whether I'm up or down 2 lbs. I seem to be fitting into my clothing okay so I will assume that all is okay. Actually, when I wasn't running I gained 5 lbs, even with diligent attendance at the gym. I sympathize with anyone gaining weight because they can't run. I find that it just takes that 35 to 40 miles a week to enable me to eat reasonably well and not gain, but if I can't run it is very very hard to avoid gaining. Meg

Once a runner . . .

Maniac 505

Hi Meg: good to see you here I haven't been here much, I have been sidelined for most of the year, foot issues that are doing fine now. I am getting passed by snails, but I am getting my distance ramped back up, I doubt if I will soon repeat the 12 marathons I ran in '07, but I will be back soon. I had wondered how you were doing, good luck with your knee and (((((Arf))))) (but gently) Dave
                              xor

Dave, just don't step on the snails and slugs. That's like trying to run on ice; it can cause falls.