Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Pics from Gmail (Read 361 times)

One of the best men I ever knew was my great uncle. In WWII he was awarded a bronze star, which I have now, along with some letters he sent from Germany to his wife. He was a great man, yet a democrat until the day he died. I didn’t and don’t love him any less than I would have if his political views were the same as mine. But he’s family…and I can’t stand you people. Big grin Just kidding!!! My point is – I can have opposing political views from you and still be friends. Jake – when I read your post, I was surprised it was you. I like to like people too. I think I’m less of a jackass in person than I may seem on the internet…but that’s just my opinion. Big grin Jeff - sorry for turning your thread into a political one...can you repost those pictures so we can change the subject?
      On the internet, I find this to be very true. But in person, I can have an intelligent conversation with someone who has different preferences than I. Last night, I talked with my dad for a good 40 minutes about politics and no one raised a voice. We're on very different sides of the spectrum, but it was very cool to have a thoughtful discussion. It's so tough to do so on the internet because tone of voice is taken out of the equation. Another thing that makes stuff like this so hard, is that the number of issues that people care about with respect to these candidates is vast, and yet we can't elect one person to tackle one issue and someone else to tackle another issue as it suits our preferences. As I heard from a comic a long time ago, "I'm just gonna vote for the guy who I think is going to screw me the least". And I hereby pledge not to discuss politics on the internet (with you guys), because it's not the place for it. Let's talk about running, boobs, beer, and Nashville.
      Whew! For a minute I thought you were gonna go spider monkey again. Nice job. Big grin

Why is it sideways?

I don't think it was you who turned it into a political thread. I'm too lazy to repost the pics. Just google "hippie" and "high mountain tarn" and you'll get the idea.

The Thunder

Woohooo go McCain/Palin! Tries to poke Jeff, and stir him... Evil grin

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Why is it sideways?

I am on to your petty games.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Lazy idiot

Whew! For a minute I thought you were gonna go spider monkey again. Nice job. Big grin
              Nah, going spider monkey is reserved for special occassions. Wink

Tick tock

The Thunder

I am on to your petty games.
                Petty games can be fun right? By the way, I still have some stuff for you from Singapore. We need to grab lunch one day next week or something.

Why is it sideways?

Petty games can be fun right?
                  This is one of the reasons why people (including yours truly) are fascinated with politics. Unfortunately, it's not a very good reason to be fascinated with politics. We're missing M.D. big time. Tell him howdy. Yeah, let's get lunch soon.
                    Blah blah blah. OBAMA RULES.

The Thunder

Blah blah blah. OBAMA RULES.
                      Yup, that pretty much sums up the platfrom he's running on. Well said. Big grin

The Thunder

This is one of the reasons why people (including yours truly) are fascinated with politics. Unfortunately, it's not a very good reason to be fascinated with politics. We're missing M.D. big time. Tell him howdy. Yeah, let's get lunch soon.
                        Will do! I think he misses all the play time he had during the day with you too. I'll be sure to give him your best.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yup, that pretty much sums up the platfrom he's running on. Well said. Big grin
                          Could be worse. McCain is running on this platform : "Bush Rules!" BTW, JK, I am just playing around here. So don't get your monkeys in a wad.

The Greatest of All Time

Fuck this. I am out. Can't even make one benign little comment without pissing people off. It would have been one thing if I went on some diatribe about issues and openly bashed politicians I take issue with. That didn't happen. Not even close. I don't know why some people (not calling anyone out) can dish shit all day and snark all over the place but then immediately get their panties in a bunch over something so trivial that was not directed at anyone. In fact it was meant to be a joke. But whatever. Say goodnight to the bad guy
                            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

The Thunder

Fuck this. I am out. Can't even make one benign little comment without pissing people off. It would have been one thing if I went on some diatribe about issues and openly bashed politicians I take issue with. That didn't happen. Not even close. I don't know why some people (not calling anyone out) can dish shit all day and snark all over the place but then immediately get their panties in a bunch over something so trivial that was not directed at anyone. In fact it was meant to be a joke. But whatever. Say goodnight to the bad guy
                              Awww who's getting their panties in a wad? I'm totally just messing with you guys Marcus. I'm not pissed at anyone for liking BO. To each their own. Obviously everyone here has different life experiences and perspectives of people/events with their own perception. There's nothing wrong with that, it's great! Sometimes we get it right, sometimes we get it wrong...but most of the time it lands somewhere in the middle.