Trailer Trash

thursday (Read 33 times)

Watoni

Hope to explore the trail behind our new digs a little later today and spin the legs on the bike one last short time before Saturday's event.

QOTD: It has been a weird month -- Week 1: Start taper for Lake Sonoma; Week 2: Vacation/Lake Sonoma; Week 3: Ooops. really need to get some riding in; Week 4: Move, get ready for Devil Mountain Double by doing effectively nothing.

So, I will likely end the month with about 100 miles of running, 50 of which were done in one day, and about 425 miles cycling, 206 of which (hopefully) will be done in one day ...

Snowdenrun

Yesterday I ran my best guess of what the 1/2 course of my upcoming marathon is. My time was 1:44:20, but the course came up .6 miles short. But I think I know a loop to add in to make it close to the 13.1 miles. It was really good experience to run. I started out too fast and by the time I got to the trail portion I was wore out. I also never run with a plan so it was mentally tough knowing the course ahead of me. It made it seem much longer and I wanted to walk a lot. Finished without walking though after I told myself over and over again that I know I can run 13 miles so just keep going.

QOTD: I'm at at bit over a 100 miles so far. I'm hoping to get just over 150 to beat last month but that's a lot of miles for me to cram in this last week. I haven't been running nearly as much as I've wanted to. I think I'm just getting over an "epic tired session" from a busy life.

MTA: Just noticed my year to date miles is at 499.9. This is really the first time I've ever tracked mileage...or ran consistently so it's exciting to see that number. I just upped my Pace Bunny from 1000 miles in a year to 1500.

NorthernHarrier

LOL.  Do you know which hill I'm taking about?  It's not even that long.  It's just steep with a bunch of damn fucking rocks in the middle that I bump into and lose all forward motion.  Sort of the Northern most end of the park.  After that hill, you hit the sandy part with the jumps.  I can almost make it up to the top from the sandy part on occasion, but that first hill kills me every single damn time.

I figured that to be the hill. I've never made it up that one either but I guess the challenge is on.  Smile I'm certainly not talented on a mountain bike either and am more in touch with my mortality these days.  I'm thinking a growler  from either Sprechers or Vintage brew pub for the winner. Cool  Of course it can be shared with the loser!

Sandy-2

My sore throat turned into a runny nose, but I'm still not really that sick, just kinda feel a litle crappy.   But I'm on the mend....  and still running.  I should be fine in 1 or 2 more days, nice that next weekend is a cutback so I have 15/10 planned for Sat/Sun.

Slept in this morning to get a little extra rest time (see above...), so I'll do 5 after work today.

qotd: 170 miles.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I figured that to be the hill. I've never made it up that one either but I guess the challenge is on.  Smile I'm certainly not talented on a mountain bike either and am more in touch with my mortality these days.  I'm thinking a growler  from either Sprechers or Vintage brew pub for the winner. Cool  Of course it can be shared with the loser!

Ha!  Sounds like a deal.  But maybe if neither of us never makes it up the hill after so many attempts, we'll just have to commiserate our poor biking skills with a 6 pack.

Running is dumb.