Trailer Trash

Movin' On Up Mondailies (Read 344 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Rest day #21

QOTD: How do you guys feel about moving over here?  Opinions?  Concerns?  I have no qualms about leaving Runner's World, but I don't want to split our little group apart either.

Running is dumb.

Just a quick half hour run today to shake out legs after yesterday's 8-miler.

QOTD: It's great over here! The only thing I worry about is that having a sub-forum called "RWOL Trailers" doesn't look very welcoming to folks who wander in later. If you want new people to feel like they can join in, maybe rename the group and put "Started by RWOL refugees, but all welcome!" in the description? 

Occasional Runner

Mandy...you're so eager this morning! I had the Mondaily all figured out in advance, which almost never happens.

I did 6 miles and a core workout. After being out of the Wasatch for 10 days, I can feel the difference in my running effort. I was sucking a bit of air this morning. 

QOTD: I'm all for the move. I stayed at RWOL during the last blowout because I know a lot of folks weren't going to make the move to FB for one reason or another. I worked hard to hold things together after so many people split, but now I've become so annoyed with RW that I no longer want to do anything to keep people onboard. 

I'm drafting a blog post about RWOL that I plan to share with the editorial staff at RW as well as their advertisers. I hope to have it done today.

runtraildc

cross-training planned for after work, but I may also sneak in a run while my boys are in the pool Smile.

qotd:  I'm liking life over here.  And I agree with Majope's comment, but could this be a part of a 'transition' plan?  We have an easily identifiable forum for RWOL trailers to find, then eventually we can change (with moderator's help?) the name to something more generic.   I'm more concerned that we'll lose folks who miss the message and the link on RWOL.  They haven't deleted any spam, but I'm sure they find a way to delete 'go to runningAhead' messages'....  I think we'll just need to keep popping in there to get the folks who are on vacation. 

Have a good day, everyone!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good morning fellow trailers, RWOL refugees, rebels, people who are fed up, etc.

I got in 75 min at the gym early - included 1.75 mile run - feet not feeling so hot.  Maybe I will start running trails on my hands?  I don't know what is going on.  I should be more depressed than I am.  Oh well. 

QOTD: I am all for the move.  Not only is the spam thing out of control but I have a very difficult time getting into the posts at RW with the new format so this is fine with me.  I can deal with the ads as long as the pages load at a decent speed. 

We should have a renaming contest since RWOL probably seems exclusive. 

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I've been here for a couple of days now since the Beginner's Forum decided to jump ship first.  The locals are fairly welcoming, but were not a fan of having dailies threads clogging up their board.  There IS a trail forum already, but I know that if a big group of people tried to take over our trail forum with their customs and ways, I would be a little upset.  So I don't know.  I am more than happy to change the title of the group to something else that would be welcoming to everyone eventually.  Ideas?

Running is dumb.

jonferg67

Endless trails

SRD for me today.

QOTD: I've been slowly moving away from RW, that new upgrade just pisses

me off, dropped my subscription too. I'm cool with trying something new. Evil

NorthernHarrier

Morning everyone. I have yet to spend anytime on the site to learn it but I will tonight. It's like trying to teach an old dog a new trick though. Again a new name for me (formerly NorthernHarrier). I'll probably use the same avatar as in the past for awhile. May still do another name change yet. Confused  Happy to be here!

Tired and feeling bloated from the weekend. Also didn't pack my running bag well as on the way in today the forcast calls for some cold weather. Oh well, at least I have gloves and an earband along. Cool

Morning everyone!  Thank you for getting us started over here, Mandy.

SRD for me, although I will be cleaning up the carnage from having to direct a race and then run four halves.  But I WILL do a quick write-up on the "Quadzuki" (that's the name someone came up with the series; the four fulls are called Quadzilla).

qotd: it will probably take a while to get used to, but so far I like it.  I already know a couple of folks over here; I would joined long ago but felt I was already wasting time on too many running sites.

dpc3

Morning folks SRD for me today after a busy holiday weekend of duck hunting and trail running my ass is tired! Hope you all are well.

QOTD: I am all for the move as I like most of you

Ok you got me I like all of you in the group.

Occasional Runner

Howland needs to get his ass over here.

dpc3

Lace for only $10 I can get you Howland and no Ads

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Howland needs to get his ass over here.

Do I need to send him a :winkkisshug:?

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Mandy...once he knows you're here, he'll definitely show up. 

dpc3

How do I get rid of the view log icon above my avatar?