Circle North

Logs (Read 418 times)

Home Away From Home

See you at the Y at 9. Allycia says since we are not running from here then you do not get homemade cinnamon buns.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

L Train

That stinks.  Maybe we can run to your house after, because I'm sure that will sound really good. Wink.  I'm kidding, it does sound good, but I've got to get home after.

It's going to be windy, so I'm proposing we run out Gebung/RR ave, turn right for about 1.5 and then back.  I'll get out and plant some water at about the 4 mile mark so that means we'll have it at roughly 4 and 9. 

I know Dave was talking about zeroing in on MP, and everyone may do a bit of their own thing.  I'm planning on running to the Y, then easy to ~1/2 way and then trying to run progression back to the Y, hopefully finishing with a few sub 7 miles. 

If someone has a different plan let me know and I'll make different water plans. 

I'm planning to run with you guys mostly without you guys heh, as I will be running slow. DO NOT LET ME RUN FAST TOMORROW UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I'll probably want to, but I must not. I'll likely turn back a bit before you so that I arrive back at the Y at something like the same time you guys do. I'm taking into account that I'll be running most of this on my own, and I'm good with that.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Home Away From Home

Don't worry cremer, I'll be there with you.  I am not looking for much under 8's, my leg is doing well but speed is still lacking these days. 

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

GregM

Dave, nice job today.  Impressive that you beat your training plan pace by 19 seconds, your planned pace by 11, and your HM PR in the process.  I'd say you are ready for great success at Boston.  I suggest you wear a 3:25 and 3:20 pace wrist band (one on each arm) and see where you land.  Try to stay in this range, and if it feels right and easy, use the lower as the one to beat.  This worked for me last year using 3:15 and 3:10 bands.  This year, I will probably wear 3:10 and 3:05, and I'll have my splits from last year on a laminated card, which I've already created. 

Keep up the great training!  We'll see you Tuesday.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

"Beep, Beep!"

Thanks Greg... that's my plan... 3:20 would be sweet, but I will be happy with 3:25 as it is 20 minutes faster than my BQ time.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

Goddamnit Cremer.  Positive only. 

FTFY

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

That is fantastic.  Way to take one for the team.  Fucking uteri. 

L Train

and Sailor, there's no such thing. 

L Train

Good to see this type of running again:

1 Interval 1 mi 7:05.53 7:06  7:06    
                        2 Interval 1 mi 7:40.50 14:46.03 7:41      
                        3 Interval 1 mi 9:06.28 23:52.31 9:07      
                        4 Interval 1 mi 8:26.07 32:18.38 8:27

Good to see this type of running again:

1 Interval 1 mi 7:05.53 7:06  7:06    
                          2 Interval 1 mi 7:40.50 14:46.03 7:41      
                          3 Interval 1 mi 9:06.28 23:52.31 9:07      
                          4 Interval 1 mi 8:26.07 32:18.38 8:27

if 4 feels like 20 then 26.2  will feel like 131.

i must staht ultra shoppin.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Home Away From Home

and Sailor, there's no such thing. 

Hate to admit this in public, but I am lost on this one L-Train???????

MM#5768

L Train

junk miles

GregM

I'm going to try to resist running faster to test it so I don't set myself back even though it m,eans I lose a little fitness.

Lance, I have a video from Jack Daniels where he makes the point that endurance fitness is very slow to dissipate.  I think you are making a mistake at this point to put more of a premium on mileage than healing and recovery.  You may think you are resting and recovering and allowing yourself to heal by running 40-50 miles per week instead of 80-90, but it's not rest if you are running in pain.  Real rest that facilitates fast healing means not running through ANY pain.  Save the painful running for race day if it comes to that.  In the meantime, give yourself a chance to heal.  You will be faster on race day for it.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.