Circle North

Boston 2016 (Read 21 times)

L Train

Well no matter what that sucks.  Or not.  2 people in 2 years missing by 2 seconds?  What are the odds?

Fro

Seriously - that is incredible. 2 friggin seconds - wow. Damn elitist bastards.

I just missed it by 2 seconds. 

you people are stupid...this is the best thing that could've happened. why are stirring him with a pity party for? so you can feel better about yourselves? and your shit? huh?

your all fucking selfish.... and stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTyazTGiz4Y

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

so you can feel better about yourselves? and your shit? huh?

your all fucking selfish.... and stupid. 

I definitely have that in me, yes, and I think we all have our own sort of selfishness.   In this case, though, I said "sucks, or not".  It's an acknowledgement that no matter what, to be told you missed by 2 seconds just sort of sucks and it takes an option away.  Better to just not qualify at all, which is me, so I know that all options are closed.

I know that Greg was torn, and there are plenty of other races, but it doesn't mean that this news on this day doesn't sort of suck.

Anyway, my first thought actually was "well, you can make Pineland 50 a goal race".

Not getting in does kind of suck, but I'm really not that unhappy about it. I should've run faster. Oh well.  Maybe I'll run Sugarloaf, who knows?

And now, back to celebrating the people who DID get in.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Fro

Absolutely - congrats all who got in - quite the accomplishment. Can't wait to watch ya kick some butt and train along side ya this winter!

gadman

Reporting  from the west that I'm in.If I will be running is yet to be determined.

Fro

SOOO glad to hear you're in Tom - congrats! Hope all is well in sunny CA.

Reporting  from the west that I'm in.If I will be running is yet to be determined.

In the same boat but different coast.

What was I chasing again?

"Beep, Beep!"

Hey Tom, great to have another old guy to run with!

We'll show the "young'ins" how its done! 

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

So.

Rob

Salty

Dave

Gadman

Mike L

Alicia

McCullough

Anybody else in? Michelle? I heard talk about Bob giving it one more go?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

"Beep, Beep!"

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

For those that don't know, Vicki Miller is already accepting applications for the WCRC Marathon Bus.

I thought this was pretty cool as a newbie to Boston.  I might use this to help plan my race strategy.

http://runnersconnect.net/boston-marathon-coach/pace-calculator/

What was I chasing again?

"Beep, Beep!"

Great link... and the free book has some good stuff in it. Thanks for sharing.

For those that don't know, Vicki Miller is already accepting applications for the WCRC Marathon Bus.

I thought this was pretty cool as a newbie to Boston.  I might use this to help plan my race strategy.

http://runnersconnect.net/boston-marathon-coach/pace-calculator/