Circle North

Boston 2016 (Read 21 times)

Almost all of that article is spot-on, especially the parts about the not blowing yourself out in the early miles and then using effort instead of pace as your guide through the Newton hills. The only part I'd really quibble with is the part about miles 8-16 where they talk about latching onto a group, but that might work well for some people. I tend to do better when I ignore everyone else and focus on running my own race.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Randall

15-16     Slight uphill at start, then steep downhill (-118') Wash. St / Newton lower falls  
      1 16-17     Uphill for first 1/2 mile (+75'), then level Hill #1 / Newton-Wellesley Hosp  
      0 17-18     Slight downhill first 3/4,then steep uphill (+74') Newton Fire Station / Hill #2

I found this section to be the toughest part if you come out of this feeling good you have it made. Go for a P R

P S one more little bump at Mass Pike 24-25 miles, Could feel like a mountain.

"Beep, Beep!"

I agree with you Bob. The hill going into Newton no one talks about, but is really the first of four hills... and I think in some ways the toughest coming off the steep downhill.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

GregM

Just got my info:  Bib #10382, Wave 2, Corral 3.  Anyone else?

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

10967 2/3

12745 Wave 2 / Coral 5,  At this point I figure I am 50/50 on going.

What was I chasing again?

Randall

Are we getting together before Boston To celebrate ?

"Beep, Beep!"

We should... Anyone up for meeting at Backstreet next Tuesday at 7:00 PM?

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

GregM

I'd love to, but I will be on a sailboat in the Caribbean.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

I'd love to be on a sailboat in the Caribbean, but would be up for BSG instead.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Fro

Fro's in...

Cuch out. For those who are running, for the love of God...enjoy it.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

MacJim

I'm in. Thanks for organizing.

"Beep, Beep!"

Confirmed Backstreet Tuesday at 7:00. Let me know if you're coming.

Noel and I are in