Circle North

2011 Goals (Read 1509 times)

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Home Away From Home

2011 Goals, haven't got much sert in stone, unlike all you ones that stay home all year long that doesn't work for so trying to figure if I am home for a race or not is tough this for out.  BUT if I was going to be home for a race I would like:

Present PR               Goal

5K-             19:43                     sub 19:30

10K-           42:55                     sub 41:00

Half-           1:39                       sub 1:36    Hampton Half 1:33:54

Full-           3:37                        sub 3:30

I am not sure there is a full this year as I want to do the timberman. Goal for timberman? finish I guess can't even guess i time with noever have done one.  I am with TD, more biking, which I will need anyway and swimming too for Timberman.  Definitely more hiking, any time you need a partner TD you let me know, trevor and I will knock out a few 4,000 footers for sure this summer I know.

I had a mileage goal of 2500 but I don't think with the reduction in miles for X-training for timberman it will work, who knows.

Goal- loss anthor 10 pounds. i want to be 150 this yer not the 160 I have been. I already started, the day after Christmas, figured I would get a jump start. 

Goal- Call me cheesy guys but I have to say, a goal for the year, be the best hubby I can be for the wife that lets me hang withy ou nut jobs and go for a FUN 20 miler for 3.5 hours on a weekend when I should be home with her. I owe her a good year.  :-)

Lets see what comes true.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Home Away From Home

Oh and another goal:

Have my CN forends find me a cool quote for the bottom of posts since I don't have time or the reading material on board a ship in the middle of the ocean to do it myself.Smile

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

"Beep, Beep!"

Oh and another goal:

Have my CN forends find me a cool quote for the bottom of posts since I don't have time or the reading material on board a ship in the middle of the ocean to do it myself.Smile

You are definately looking for points from Allycia!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

"Beep, Beep!"

For Michael and the CN's

"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it."
            -Oprah Winfrey

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
            -John Bingham, running speaker and writer

"I'm not cocky or stupid enough to say Sunday's desired outcome is a given, but... I'm ready."

-Greg_C

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars."
            -Les Brown

"The difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry blank."
            -George Sheehan

"No one ever drowned in sweat."
            -Author Unknown

One of my favorites...

"that was one long ass recovery right there but splashing in the puddles and mack truck power washes were fun. and the downpours took me back to a time were i was happily doing less. heh, never more. Recoveries really shouldn't be 20 miles long so i'm callin it green."

- RCuch

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people."
            -Bill Bowerman

"Mentioned to greg about 0.2 miles into the tempo that my body just didn't want to do this, he said maybe you should listen to it."

-LTrain

"We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort."
            --Jesse Owens

"Thanks again Robin for pulling me along... I'm such a sucker! Smile"

-Tall Dave

Hey all, why not reflect back on this amazing year of PR's and add some of your favorite quotes... Happy New Year

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

60X52.  Duh. 

murdock......i'm comin to get you....

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

+1

and i'll laugh you off.....for now.

Home Away From Home

Some quotes to ponder, I will think them over. Thanks.

MM#5768

is there a copyright on salty's, "anyone can do it in ideal conditions"?

Home Away From Home

is there a copyright on salty's, "anyone can do it in ideal conditions"?

I like that one, it certainly fitting us New Englanders and rolling ship TM runnersSmile

MM#5768

Home Away From Home

I wish RA had a setting for your summary page that you could type in your goal for the year, say 2,500 miles and it would track your daily inputs and tell you if you where ahead or behind your goal and how much you needed on a weekly/monthly basis to achieve your goal. That would be cool.

MM#5768

L Train

I wish RA had a setting for your summary page that you could type in your goal for the year, say 2,500 miles and it would track your daily inputs and tell you if you where ahead or behind your goal and how much you needed on a weekly/monthly basis to achieve your goal. That would be cool.

That would be cool, but I don't think it exists.  My simple mind would just break it into 50 mile weeks and I'm either ahead or behind each week.  There are groups that have "pace bunnies" but the 2500 mile group does not (it only has 5 members). 

Home Away From Home

That would be cool, but I don't think it exists.  My simple mind would just break it into 50 mile weeks and I'm either ahead or behind each week.  There are groups that have "pace bunnies" but the 2500 mile group does not (it only has 5 members). 

I know it doesn't, I already looked, who knows, maybe we post on the Tech advise thread and wish for it.

MM#5768

someone once told me i need a calculator?

L Train

someone once told me i need a calculator?

It's easy for you the last few days.  0 x 0 = 0.