Circle North

For Doug Beaulieu (Read 435 times)

"Beep, Beep!"

After reading your report, I would contact the police and file a report about him trying to hit you while running. Sorry you had to deal with that, but it sounds like he is one of the multi-generational inbred folks that live in the area. Curious what Lawrunner has to say.

Be safe out there... there are way too many wackos... Yahoo....

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

Wow, Doug, that's scary and completely backwards.  I can't imagine.  That guy's an idiot and a menace.  We should all come with you and run up there on some Saturday about 4 wide in the road.  Good job taking the high road. 

Yes, I was thinking a group run may be in order. I know a great place for a water stop. :-)

@ Tdave... Pam was saying I should file a report too. At this point I think I'll just let it sit and not stir anything up further.

99% of the folks I have encountered while running out here are great... no problems.

Maybe they are foreigners too.

I'll add my 2 cents in with the file a report crowd. Given that you now know exactly who the guy is, and there's an established history/pattern, it seems the wise thing to do. And yeah, kudos for keeping your cool, I don't know that I could have done the same. What an asshole.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Home Away From Home

Shoud have kicked his ass and then run away, I am pretty sure you could have out run himSmile

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

doug...this guy clearly has been through something. my immediate thought was that he has a direct connection with an incident a few years back which resulted in the death of a young man. maybe not but my point is...you never know what people have been through and addin fuel to the fire may not be the best solution. please tread lightly.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

Just remembered I was going to post a time predictor: 

3:36:36. 

He must be done by now. 

I was settled on 3:38, which was a good bit slower than my earlier prediction because I saw the weather forecast for today. Having just done 15 out there, it's SO not good marathon weather, I'm bumping it up to just barely a PR, which would still impress the hell out of me. It sucks out there right now. Low 3:40's.

L Train

Having just come back from running only 6, you are right, just finishing would be an accomplishment. 

Having just come back from running only 6, you are right, just finishing would be an accomplishment. 

I'm glad you posted that... it makes me feel a little better.

Eesh, 100 % humidity... Supposedly the hottest it has been in this Marathons 34 year history. That was the post race babble anyway.

Or  maybe I just sucked.

Thanks for the generous predictions though. I really think I had a good shot to be in that range (not today though) and I still think I'll get there or better. Approx 3:53:38... nothing official has been posted yet.

I am impressed. Gritty performance in pretty much exactly the opposite of ideal conditions.

"Beep, Beep!"

Hey Doug, Congratulations on the marathon, Just finishing the distance with the weather today is an amazing accomplishment. Cremer and I did 15 and we thought we would die. I have never run in such lousy weather! looking forward to cooler weather. Hold your head high Doug... Today, You are 'da Man!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

i was hopin to come in here and see that you were very happy about how you did. it was a let down to see that you did everythin right...and were shackled by the weathah.

more verification for myself that marathons ah hahd and not worth all my eggs. my highest respect goes out to those who want to run them and keep tryin, regahdless of the outcome.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

Just because you are tapering for this dumb race doesn't mean you aren't supposed to log the Saturday AM 20 milers.

L Train

Ah forgot about the 5K. That sucked. (You're welcome ).