Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

L Train

Nice races people.

Yeah egad I guess you can string together a few sub 7 (and then some)  miles after all.  No more worrying.

Point taken, but I honestly didn't think it would go nearly as well. Lets see how tomorrow feels. Thanks.

Nice races people.

Yeah egad I guess you can string together a few sub 7 (and then some)  miles after all.  No more worrying.

gadman

Congrats to all of you!

GregM

Congrats to Egad and Gwen for an outstanding race at the MSD 10k.  Both he and Gwen ran negative splits, especially Gwen, who accelerated every mile.  I had all I could do just to hold pace, which I think I did based on Egad's splits.  He more than made up the distance between us and created 8 seconds of separation in the last two miles. During this time, I was doing all I could to escape his advance.  Once he reeled me in, I knew I would not catch him.  He was running too strong.  I was pleased, though, that I fended off a few females who gave us both a run for our money.  I look forward to my next challenge with Egad.  It's only a matter of time before he repeats this performance in a half or full.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

My day was more JITNEY than the Market Square crowd.  20:45 and an overall blah day for me even though I was rested and fine physically.  Cremer had some serious hammy issues warming up so I think he packed it in early.  Writing my race report Ali saw that I came in 62nd out of 1179, and she said "Dad, that's actually pretty good.  You shouldn't be disappointed".  Happy Father's day everyone.

Just looked at your MSD PR time from last year on coolrunning-40:34, how interesting that we ran identical times one year apart.

Congrats to Egad and Gwen for an outstanding race at the MSD 10k.  Both he and Gwen ran negative splits, especially Gwen, who accelerated every mile.  I had all I could do just to hold pace, which I think I did based on Egad's splits.  He more than made up the distance between us and created 8 seconds of separation in the last two miles. During this time, I was doing all I could to escape his advance.  Once he reeled me in, I knew I would not catch him.  He was running too strong.  I was pleased, though, that I fended off a few females who gave us both a run for our money.  I look forward to my next challenge with Egad.  It's only a matter of time before he repeats this performance in a half or full.

Who's running the Strawberry Festival 5 miler Saturday, June 28?

gadman

I know who's not.

Unless your going to camp or otherwise out of town I expect you there.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Think I am going to do the HOB (heart of Biddeford) 5k next Saturday instead of Strawberry.  Who's riding with me?

Who's running the Strawberry Festival 5 miler Saturday, June 28?

L Train

That's a pretty fast course after the very first hill.  The end is crazy fast and downhill.

Well that's good to know for race strategy.  Mile 1: 622, Mile 2:613 Mile 3:600.  One can dream...

BTW there's room in the car.

That's a pretty fast course after the very first hill.  The end is crazy fast and downhill.

L Train

Ha. Lots more major reconstruction before I race again, Bob's race notwithstanding.  Running a 22 minute 5k interests me zero.  Thank you though.