Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

Fro

Good luck to AC and Heidi as they take on the pumkin tomorrow!

Can't get the pman results page to cooperate,  dammit.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Fro

AC kicked some serious butt! Congrats girl - you really were impressive!

108 overall

4th in her age group

31:24 swim

2:53:53 bike

1:45:08 run

5:15:39.9 total

That seems really good. I wonder if there's a rule of thumb for IMs similar to the one for halfs and marathons (halfx2+10 minutes). If it's similar this looks awesome.

MTA: How did Heidi do?

MTAA: Just saw on FB , 6:20:38. WTG Heidi!

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Great job guys

ACrosby

Thanks for your support dumbasses gentlemen. I now have my number and am fully prepared to kick its ass in the next one. Moving on.. lets see if I can get my ass ready for Baystate.

Whatever.  Where is the RR?  The race isn't over until the RR is written and it's hurting your time.

Thanks for your support dumbasses gentlemen. I now have my number and am fully prepared to kick its ass in the next one. Moving on.. lets see if I can get my ass ready for Baystate.

Fro

Good luck Dave and Greg2 this weekend - have a blast at Reach the Beach - show the young bucks a thing or two and get some sleep! Anyone else running this event?

I second this! +1

Good luck Dave and Greg2 this weekend - have a blast at Reach the Beach - show the young bucks a thing or two and get some sleep! Anyone else running this event?

What was I chasing again?

Congrats to Dave and Greg on a hilly night in NH.  Check out the elevation graphs on Dave's workouts. Awesome work guys!

GregM

Thanks, all.  We had a great time.  I don't mean finishing time, as we lost 50 minutes due to a navigational error.  We went to transition area 18 when we should have been at TA 17.  Glad I was not the one who finished that leg only to find he had to wait that long for our arrival at 2:30 AM.  I think Dave and I are both pleased with our leg times.  We should put a team together for next year, as I think we could win our division.  The average pace of the winning team "Grumpy Old Men" in the Men's Masters Division was 7:59.  See http://www.rtbrelay.com/liveresults/index.html. This was a 12-man team, meaning each team member only ran three legs (averaging 5-6 miles each).  In contrast, we were a 6-man team (Ultra Division), so we each ran six legs (also averaging 5-6 miles each).  Surprisingly, the winning pace in the Mixed Masters Division was 7:24, also for a 12-man team (men and women).  Scanning the results, I do not see that there was a Men's Masters Ultra Division.  I only see Mens Ultra, Ultra Mixed (men and women), and Women's Ultra.  This was my first RTB relay, so I don't know what it would be like to run on a 12-man team, but I liked the challenge of running on 6-man team and the constant routine (running every four hours).

Congrats to Dave and Greg on a hilly night in NH.  Check out the elevation graphs on Dave's workouts. Awesome work guys!

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

I was following you guys throughout the weekend via Dave's FB posts.  What a way to grind it out.  You both did awesome!  And you really needed a shower!

my best to the chicagoers fro, beaulah and madmike?...and anyone else doing this or that has an event.

i know it's early but i leave 2morro and i'm thinking of you now. 's to all

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Good luck to all this weekend.  Be safe.

L Train

i know it's early but i leave 2morro and i'm thinking of you now. 's to all

Can't begin to imagine what you are about to put yourself through and accomplish also.  7.2/336/78.6.  So now you will have to have a 421.8 sticker.  Good luck.