Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

Race Update: Weather Advisory

The current weather prediction is now a 100% "chance" of snow - now up to 6-12 inches overnight on Saturday night and through Sunday. There is a very small chance the storm may be earlier or later or even stay south. We will know by noon tomorrow.

Race Cancellation: The final authority on whether the race can be held is determined by our Assembly permit which is issued by the Town of Hampton and the Hampton Police. Should there be inclement weather and the Police and DPW determine that the roads are unsafe for our event, then our permit is cancelled and the race may be cancelled. We will do everything in our power to conduct a safe race, conditions permitting. Should the race be cancelled, we will put a notice on the home page - right here..

Race Cancellation Notification - Currently the race is planned to go on. However we are watching the weather carefully and we estimate that it is a 10% chance the race will be held. and a 90% likelyhood it will be cancelled.

We will post the final decision as early as possible - Our goal is to post the decision by mid-day Friday, but reserve the right to hold off until Sunday 5AM in case the weather forecast changes. (very low probability of that)

Stay tuned for more details on race cancellations and EVERTHING to do with the race. right here.

Looks like there will be a long run on Saturday for me based on the above information.  I'll probably do 15 if anyone else wants to join, unless of course by some miracle the race isn't cancelled.

Well that just sucks. Stupid winter. Boo.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I might be up for it since I have already started to hedge my schedule on the assumption this will be cancelled.

What was I chasing again?

Moved this reply to "Group Runs"

GregM

Dave will just do what you all thought I was crazy to do, do a bunch of races in a short period of time.  In the end, we will prove that this whole can only run one big race every few months is for the birds. Run hard Dave, I believe in you.

When I sign up for my 2 or marathons in 2 or 3 days in a row I'll let you know, you seem like just the guy to join me after you finish the above.

I suppose the number of races in a given span of time is less of an issue than the intensity at which those races are run.  Certainly, it is not realistic to expect PR's in back to back marathons a week apart.  And trying might be very risky in terms of injury.  If the pace is adjusted according to the frequency of races, the risk of injury is reduced, but I would still worry if the frequency is too great.  Ultimately, the limit is like one's weekly training mileage.  Some can safely run 80 or 100 miles per week, while others may find that injuries develop before this number.  And for others, myself included, the limit seems to be time more than anything else.  Good luck, Tall Dave, and good luck, Michael, as you push the limits of race frequency.  P.S.  Don't get injured; listen to your body's cues and respond accordingly.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Half @ the Hamptons is officially cancelled.

You can go down to Ashworth by the See, do a 13.1 Meter dash, get you shirt / medal / beer on Saturday now and enjoy the snow on Sunday.

@Egad & @MacJim

I picked up your 1/2 @ the Hamptons Shirt.  Your Beer tickets did not go to waste.

Oh cool, thanks.  Bring it Tuesday if you remember. Glad my $70 didn't completely go to waste.

So there's no talk of rescheduling the race? Just cancelled and that's it? Boo. That sucks.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Yep it's bs...no free entry next year nothing just $15 off great bay once they send the discount code. I am registering you should too.

MacJim

@Egad & @MacJim

I picked up your 1/2 @ the Hamptons Shirt.  Your Beer tickets did not go to waste.

Thanks man, I'll see you tuesday. Did we pay $70 not to race or get in next year, nothing?

L Train

Yep it's bs...no free entry next year nothing just $15 off great bay once they send the discount code. I am registering you should too.

Wow, that really does stink.

GregM

Did we pay $70 not to race or get in next year, nothing?

They should have given us a discount for next year's race based on their savings from not having to put on the race.  I don't buy their claim that most of the expenses were already incurred. But even if they were, a credit to race a week before Boston is useless for many.  I suppose that was their thinking.  I'll think twice about pre-registering for this race again.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Randall

EGAD

Here is link to discount.

http://www.hamptonhalf.com/

Thanks Bob but that form doesn't generate a code as the expected.  They have to send out the codes manually and said they would do so this week.