Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

i find the fact that people will all go ga-ga and laugh and shit over that and it's all so fake polyester.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Did you order the extra crispy ? DID YOU ORDER THE EXTRA CRISPY ?

No sir, I do not. However it may be time to face the truth.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

The legendary jack Nicholas taken down by the likes of L Train....love it!

Beaulah, we live in a world that has roads, and those roads have to be run on by men like michaelleigh. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Beaulah? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for michaelleigh, and you curse his running. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That michaelleigh's running, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me flapping my chicken wing, you need me tripping old dudes on treadmills. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent doing dumbass things. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps with prs slower than mine, and then questions the manner in which I do it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up your 97th pair of Newtons or vibrams or whatever else and get out of mny way. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

L Train

Chapter 18 (majors that is) - Run like the Golden Bear

Trivia. That is the same golf club he used in The Shining according to IMDB.

Mrs.Leigh

Mike has informed me that I am being rude by not posting anything, so as a "common courtesy", here are two things on my mind:

March 27th Shipyard Sunfish Release and Pre-race party at the Portland Pie Company (all locations).  Register for any Pineland races and get $5 off and a free pint of beer.  Also, they will be giving away a bunch of Salomom gear, which is their new sponsor.

Camping Memorial Day weekend as a group again.  I'd be happy to reserve a few sites together if there is interest.

So... Any interest in either of those things?

This thread shows what you all know

Jack Nicholas (26 November 1910 – 1977) was an English professional football (soccer for you yanks) player.

A Few Good Men stole the speech he gave at the end of regulation during the 1964 FA Cup Final.  Significant because it was the the first since the start of the Second World War.  Jack was captain of the winning team, and following his speech, the team went on to score 3 unanswered goals in extra time to take the cup 4-1.  Jack Nicholson sat field side that day and later claimed he drew on this moment as inspiration for his performances both in the Shining and One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest and once seen in the script, he couldn't resist the role.  Now how Hot is Shelley Duval in that movie.. huh!!  Jack Nicholson later shared this experience with Jack Nicklaus over a round of golf.

Trivia... That golf club has more history as well.  When the Shining hits, he tends to loose it.  And used the same club to bash someones windshield in on route to play with Jack Nicklaus.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/grill-room/feb-8-history-nicholson-mixes-golf-road-rage/

This should clear up any confusion this chain may have caused.  If you enjoyed reading this half as much as I have writing it, then I enjoyed it twice as much as you have.

What was I chasing again?

L Train

This is funny for a tall skinny scary bald guy.

L Train

Mike has informed me that I am being rude by not posting anything, so as a "common courtesy", here are two things on my mind:

I don't know why but this sentence made me laugh.  Mike telling you you are being rude, the implication that there is any common courtesy used here...

I like the sound of all of those things.  Unfortunately, Mother''s Day will mark the end of anything being actually scheduled more than a few days ahead on my running calendar until hopefully December (if I BQ- if I don't then Ugly Fat Chicken Pox L Train here I come).  So I'm out for all of this.  Would love to do Pineland again someday though.

Meant to answer this the other day. I suck. Can't make the party. Does sound like fun, though. As for Pineland, my current thinking is that I definitely plan to go but I'll probably just do the 25k since I'm not playing ultra-boy this year. Since it starts at a much more reasonable hour I probably won't do the overnight thing. I'm all for post-race hanging out around the campfire, though.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Kerryman 5K

19 2/40 M3539 19:37 19:34 6:18 Eric Gadbois 37 M 281 Sanford ME
                            211   3/69   F4044   25:20   25:07   8:05 Louann Tovey           40 F   174 Sanford ME   

Newbies:
                            81   5/31   M2024   22:32   22:24   7:13 Benjamin Moore         24 M    46 Old Orchard Beach ME
                            101  13/46   M3034   23:09   23:07   7:27 Adam Landry            34 M   615 Sanford ME     

Grats to Louann and Eric for placing in divisions.

What was I chasing again?

Home Away From Home

I have already told Allycia that this is one of the races I am definitely in for if I am home. I am going to sign up now with the refund option.  I will be doing the 25K and if my work schedule allows, we would probably do the camping thing. I will email Allycia now and make sure she is cool and re-post later but count us in and if need be will just pay our part of the site even if we don't go.  Are you looking at one night before or two for before and after?

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Home Away From Home

Dear Michael,
                                Thank you for registering for the 2014 Salomon Trail Running Festival at Pineland Farms!

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.