Circle North

TY 10 Goals (Read 855 times)

"Beep, Beep!"

Hey I like Kara's picture better than Salty's!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

Hey I like Kara's picture better than Salty's!

Speak and you will be heard. 

"Beep, Beep!"

Now, that's what I'm talking about!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

My salty dogs

Boston Goal will be to run under 1:23 for first half and hit 30K under 1:59.  From there I hope to get under 2:48.

A 2:46:59 would be the ultimate reward for the training and prep work I have put in.

Lets see how Mother Nature rewards me before I go too far out on a limb.

My salty dogs

NYC Marathon Lottery winners were announced today.

Any others going??

Home Away From Home

I am jumping into this thread a bit late but here are my goals so far:

August- Quebec Marathon, PR at 3:30.  That would be a drop of just under 8 minutes from Chicago.

Follow that with the Arizona Marathon which I will leave goal less till after Quebec.

I would like to see a 5K where I break 20min since my PR now is 20:33 I think somewhere this summer after I return from work.

Other then that, not much else, I can't rake up the race schedule like you other land lubbers.

Michael

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

My salty dogs

So here is what I have put in for Boston. This is beginning January 1 and end on April 1st.

My best ever average for Boston has been 32.5 miles for 12 weeks (my others were:26,25,27,30,32)

This year I set a goal of 40 for 12 weeks.

Other than one week of only 3 miles total - I basically did it. Any way you look at it I have beaten my previous efforts.

13 weeks  = 36.5  (9 had 40 miles or more, (others were, 34,31,03,28)

12 weeks = 38 (9 at 40 or more (others 34,31, 03)

11 weeks (-the 3 mile week) = 41  (only 2 below 40)

I wanted to run 6-8 20 milers and have 2 to 4 of those be longer than 20.

6- 20 or mile runs, 3 of which were over 20. If I toss in the 18 miler and the couple 15s--- I am really happy with that.

20   1/16, 20   1/24, 15 1/31, 22.2  2/14, 15.6  2/21, 22  3/7, 18  3/13, 24   3/21, 20  3/28

Races:  Derry 16 miles-- 3 minutes better than any other year,   Hampton Half  2 minutes better than any year and 4 minutes better than last year.

I also ran the hill section of the course twice. Once as a 10 miler and once as a 20 miler.

The prep work is done.  So-- going into Boston I'm feeling really good.  I have also worked on a positive mind set.  I am now setting my sight on pushing it as far under 2:50 as my legs will take me.

I am going to make sure I read this the night and morning before the race.  I should write it on my arm to read at mile 20. 

So I said a while back (mostly to myself) that when I reached the taper I'd put my goals out there for Vermont. They are as follows, from least to most ...

1) Just PR. This would be <3:50:26. Obviously this is the lowest I can set the bar. I would not be happy.

2) <3:30. A 20 minute PR. I'd be happy, but not as happy as...

3) <3:25. This is my real goal. This is what I'm going to base my pace on. This would make me very happy. But if all that goes well, and it's a perfect day and all the stars align just right...

4) <3:21, and a BQ. I have serious doubts about this one, but if it's there, I will absolutely go for it.

So, there it is, out in the world. I'm ready.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

yo man, everytime i doubt myself (lately) i surprize myself. just a thought.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

GregM

Greg C., I see a BQ for you in Vermont.  I say you will surprise yourself.  You are ready.

-Greg M.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

L Train

Look around at this world we've made
                        Equality our stock in trade
                        Come and join the Brotherhood of Man
                        Oh, what a nice, contented world
                        Let the banners be unfurled
                        Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand.

I never knew the lyrics to that song and I can only conclude that Rush is;/was a bunch of Commies. 

So in the spirit of Rush, don't get the BQ yet because you are required to wait for me and rcuch, and cannot have anything that we don't have.    I say go out at 3:10 pace just to see what it feels like. 

Medal Holders

<font>You have inspired me! My goal is to run <font>Traverse City marathon in Michigan in 2011 That will be my very first Full Marathon. For now, this is all I have !</font></font>

I say go out at 3:10 pace just to see what it feels like. 

heh..... i need some input here cause this seems like it won't give me the result i want. i'm thinking more like 3:00?

heh..... i need some input here cause this seems like it won't give me the result i want. i'm thinking more like 3:00?

Input besides the smile and wave at mile 10 as we cruise efficiently past, you mean?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

you two are gonna be so wrapped up in your own shit that you won't see me comin to sucka pass you at 26.19! you're both my bitches!