Circle North

Herding Cats in the Winter (Read 32 times)

My salty dogs

What time will you start -- I'm in town for my Dad's 80th. So start and end time matters as sneaking out for a run might not go over well because I'm only there for the day.

Salty

It's our turn this Sunday.  It looks like it will be between 5-10 degrees with a possible snow shower.  Not the best conditions for running outside but we are tough and sick of the treadmill.  I am posting both an 11 miler and a 15 miler.  The 11 miler is an out and back and the 15 miler is the same route with a 4 mile loop after the midway point.   Check out the maps below:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/circlenorth/Maps/aee4626ec8e2462f9f444c7a823774d0

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/circlenorth/Maps/83170be0ccfc4046b117aac838a9b91d

I would post a longer route but I don't think there will be any takers.  You can always add on if you wish.

Let us know if you plan on attending. Let's plan to be running by 10am so try to come a few minutes prior. We don't have much parking so if you could please park on the side of the road on Bennett that would be best.

"Let us know if you plan on attending. Let's plan to be running by 10am so try to come a few minutes prior. We don't have much parking so if you could please park on the side of the road on Bennett that would be best."

Posted this as Salty seemed to miss the start time & to suggest on the parking depending on snow. Maybe I am paranoid as we have parking bans in Sanford.

As far as the parking... perhaps some of us could park at the Y and carpool over?  I am willing to drive or carpool over if it helps.

What was I chasing again?

Based on the predicted weather at this point, we are going to have to cancel the group run from our house on Sunday.  It is supposed to snow all day and there will be a couple of inches on the ground by the time we start.  It is just too slippery to run on these already narrow roads under these conditions. I wanted to make the call early in case you are thinking of switching the long run to tomorrow since it is a better day. Sorry, we will be glad to take another group run if someone decides to give theirs up.

My salty dogs

Wow -- this isn't the same group I remember when I lived there.

Bunch of wimps!!!     Check my log on Sunday -- I guarantee I'll be out there no matter what!!

That said, Likely wouldn't have been able to make the group run due to family commitments.

Cheers y'all -- I will see in April --  rain, heat, or snow!!!  BAA stops for nothing and no one!!

Salty

Heh Salty I'd argue that, but yeah, I can't. We've collectively gotten soft. Not everybody, but on average. I know I've wussed out for weather and run inside more this year than ever before.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

ACrosby

Sunday 10:00am 344 Brackett Hill Road in Alfred, I have 3 routes mapped out. A 14 mile, a 16 mile and a 19.5 mile route. There are hills. All 3 routes go together until mile 9 and then the longer 2 stay together until mile 14. I run all of it all of the time and love it, its great training with the rollers. There will be water at mile 6, 9, 14 for the longer routes and it would be mile 12.5 for option 1, kind of pointless but  easier for me. Please let me know if you will be coming so that I can plan accordingly. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Option 1 https://www.runningahead.com/logs/32ff4b71e3a446ec8fcb30059b6c68c6/courses/703ab1ba153044fa8e2d1057ec7c659f

Option 2 https://www.runningahead.com/logs/32ff4b71e3a446ec8fcb30059b6c68c6/courses/2bc57aa0c7d143318505bb109f8ce995

Option 3 https://www.runningahead.com/logs/32ff4b71e3a446ec8fcb30059b6c68c6/courses/24339ef9b70345f49f1edcfde715adf2

Wow -- this isn't the same group I remember when I lived there.

Bunch of wimps!!!     Check my log on Sunday -- I guarantee I'll be out there no matter what!!

That said, Likely wouldn't have been able to make the group run due to family commitments.

Cheers y'all -- I will see in April --  rain, heat, or snow!!!  BAA stops for nothing and no one!!

Salty

Guess you just forgot to log it.

What was I chasing again?

My salty dogs

Guess you just forgot to log it.

Got a bonus day due flight canceled so ran Monday. It was just as nice out.

Too much guilt on Sunday from family.

ACrosby

So the weather is looking not so great for Sunday so I am going to plan for Saturday instead. 344 Brackett Hill Road. It wont be quite what I had planned for Sunday but something. 10:00am

So the weather is looking not so great for Sunday so I am going to plan for Saturday instead. 344 Brackett Hill Road. It wont be quite what I had planned for Sunday but something. 10:00am

Makes sense. Again, I'm ever so sad I won't get to enjoy Brackett Hill road this weekend. It really is delightful..

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

GregM

Alicia and guests,

I don't know how I missed this.  Just not paying close enough attention, I guess.  I was planning to be out of town this weekend, but that trip got canceled.  Hope you had a good turnout and a good group run.  I will have to pay closer attention next time.

Greg M.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

ACrosby

No worries, there were not guests it was just me and that is fine, it wasn't the best weekend for it.

it was an awesome "2 hell w/all of u" run...thats 4 sure! Smile

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

There will be a Cat Herding series run in West Newfield this coming Sunday 2/22.

I don't care if it snows or is zero degrees with a 30 below wind chill. It is still happening. I will have a route planned for about 15 miles with options to add on or shorten. I am going to wait on posting the actual route until I have a better idea on weather and road conditions.

Worst case we will run on snow blower carved paths around the house a few hundred times. I'm kidding. Not really. Well maybe. We'll see.

We will start at 9:30am. There will be a low key post run gathering with food and other Gniess or Funky stuff.

Please let me know if you can make it so we can plan accordingly and feel free to pass the word to other runners.

Hope to see you here no matter what the weather brings.

It looks like the weather is going to be OK on Sunday.

That said I'm making one small change.

Start time will be 10am (instead of 9:30).

That should give a little extra time to clean up the small amount of snow we'll get overnight and time for the plows to have things cleared out too.

Also the temps should be into the 30 degree range by then with a little sun. 30 DEGRESS should be nice.