Circle North

Herding Cats in the Winter (Read 32 times)

He can set up that course because he's not running it.

Hey, at least I left out Mt. Hope this time.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Tentatively in, but don't plan food for me.

If it were me the 2nd water would be at the foot of Mousam.  Plus Shapleigh Corner for emergency.

But yeah, hilly, yay.

These links are not showing me what I need.  Is it just me?  The map is empty.  Anyway, we are both in for next Sunday and I will plan to run about 14, so I would like to take a look at the proposed courses and adjust accordingly.

Hey Egad, if you take a left on Simon Ricker instead of continuing on to Shapleigh Corner you'll wind up with about 15.25. Seems about as close to 14 as this route can get. Let me know if that's what you decide to do because it will make a difference as to where I plant the water.

Nobody needs to bring anything, btw. Just show up.

L Train

I thought of that too, just fair warning that the dirt part of SR can be sketchy in the winter.  I'm sure passable right now but it's been a skating rink before.  There is a house with a rock wall at the top of SR that is good to plant water.

All very good ideas.  I was thinking of simply running the 9 mile loop and continuing on afterwards for another 5 mile in town loop.  My plan says I need to run 4 miles of this fast so it should be primarily flat during this portion.  It would also allow me to get water at your house (or the Y) before heading out for the last loop.

MacJim

Sorry for the late notice but I will attend.

definately going to maine cremah...have a great run/visit everyone.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

"Beep, Beep!"

TD will be there... he hopes.

Sorry for the late notice but I will attend.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Short Notice Pain in the Ass Alert...

Is anybody able to switch with me and take on tomorrow's cat-herding run? I've been fighting a bug all week and assumed it would've run it's course by now but I woke up today sicker than ever. I feel awful, and don't want to expose you all to this. I'd be more than willing to trade for any of the other dates if somebody can step in and take tomorrow.

I apologize for the short notice. Like I said, I thought for sure this would've come and gone by now. If nobody can do it and you all just want to still run the same course(s) from the Y I'll still be happy to plant water for you at Ted's.

L Train

If someone else wants to do the "hosting" have at it.

Otherwise, we could either:

A - just meet at the Y and run the same course.  Greg, I'll plant the water if we elect this option.

B - I'll offer that we could run from here.  There won't be any "hosting" but it's a different place to run from other than the Y.

Other options welcome of course.

I vote for just keeping everything as planned and running from the YMCA. 10 AM. You all  could use a Sunday off from drinking beer anyway. Save it for next Sunday's Super Bowl.

L Train

Unless someone indicates otherwise than I'm assuming that's the plan.

That probably makes the most sense. That way if anybody doesn't see this and shows up at my place I can direct them over and they won't miss out.

fine with me (Run from the Y) : Anyone else doing the long?

What was I chasing again?

L Train

I will be attempting to. But we go by my house twice.