Sub-4 Marathon Group

December Donuts (Read 569 times)

Trail Monster

whats the BF? IS that the beginners forum?

Yep.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Docket_Rocket

Yes, the Beginner's Forum from RWOL is now Beginners & Beyond here in RA.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Canuck

Afternoon all. First half of today's double done.  7.1 miles at lunch.  Will do another 5 tonight after work.  Hoping this will counteract all the food I'm going to eat today - baking contest at work and dinner with friends at an Italian restaurant tonight.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Smashy!!!

Afternoon all. First half of today's double done.  7.1 miles at lunch.  Will do another 5 tonight after work.  Hoping this will counteract all the food I'm going to eat today - baking contest at work and dinner with friends at an Italian restaurant tonight.

Carbo loading. 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

sramaley

Banshee: For me yes. I feel spinning (either indoor or on my bike outside) helps my overall fitness by lowering the pounding and working different muscles. Also helps mentally break things up. What say sprinkles on this? 

Ball of Fury

Sorry guys just time for a quick post, will get to personals tomorrow.  I decided to sleep in this morning (til 6:00 AM, yippee), because I worked late last night.  So, I had to do my 10-miler after work, which I hate!  I almost skipped it but DH basically told me to suck it up, thank goodness, and I got it done.  10 miles at 8:55/mile...was planning to do a GMP run, but got a little faster on the second half because I was freezing!!  Hope everyone had a good day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

13 miles done.  Boy I am tired.  That's 13 for the day, not all at once.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Cbus:  Yes, I have been working on my calf muscles with regular stretching.  It has helped a lot, too.  I think for me it isn't one thing that is helping me get over this, but the combination of stretching, strengthening, and the insoles.  But for me, the insoles are more useful for support in non-running shoes, so that I don't give back improvements during my non-running time.

Akalei:  I joined the 3:30 thread on the main board as my attempt at branching out, but they don't chit chat there.  Just goal race, and specific training questions related to the goal.  A bit dull, really.

Lurkers, it has been a day since I mentioned you, and not one of you has jumped in. Just observing.  Smile

Hi all!

I did 3.5 @ 8:35 today.  I need to get my butt out of bed to get runs in before work so I can do more than 4ish per day during the week.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Banshee/Sramaley- I agree with you on spin.  I stick to high intensity cardio classes with lots of fast leg turnover and sprints - they also simulate hill running quite a bit with the climbs.  I lost zero fitness when I was out for two weeks in the summer, and I lost no fitness during my two week break after the marathon.  I do it 3-4x per week, less when I"m marathon training.

Zoe- Nice double ! Sounds like it will undo the damage.  I am glad the baked goods are sold on a different floor this time of year.

Me- Not feeling the best tonight - my stomach hurts :/  I went to spin this morning and ran 4 easy miles tonight.  Spin again tomorrow to try out a new instructor...not gonna eat breakfast in case my stomach is still messed up- ugh.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I woke up with a migraine.  Yay (kill me).

5 miles later.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Trail Monster

Morning Damaris! Hope the headache clears out! 

SRD so I will be walking later to loosen my legs up plus strength. DH was bragging that he's at 25 miles so far this week and I was blown away. He signed up for Shamrock Marathon with me and I've been trying to convince him it's going to be hard and he should train. I was thinking, "Crap! He might actually beat me at this rate." Then I checked his log that he's going from Sunday until now. I log from Monday to Sunday so I'm still ahead of him with one less day! I think I may need help for my competitiveness! 

QOTD: Do you log Sunday thru Saturday or Monday through Sunday?

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Ball of Fury

Damaris:  Sorry about the migraine...that stinks!

Banshee:  Enjoy your SRD and walk.  I log Mon-Sunday since most of my long runs are on Sundays nowadays.

Easy 5 @ 10min/mile this morning.  I tell ya, it's amazing how runs feel different every single day.  Yesterday, the 10 @ 8:55 felt pretty darn easy to me, but this morning, it was all I could do to finish the 5 over a minute slower!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

mdawg87

Good morning!  Strength training and 4 easy TM miles at the gym this morning.  10 mile long run tomorrow.  That will be the true test if the calf is fine.  It feels 100% so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Zoe:  I'm baking for the 2nd weekend in a row.  Luckily, most of it gets given away as it's all requested stuff for coworkers, friends, etc.  Want me to send you some? 

Docket:  Nice avi!  Is that a pendant?

Banshee:  I log Monday - Sunday primarily because that's the way the plan I'm on is set up.

AmiK:  How did the Mizuno WRs do on the 10 miler?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Dreamn

I've ventured out to all of the boards and browsed the groups.  Some groups are more active than others.  Going for an hour long (whatever distance that lands me) run in a bit.

Smashy!!!

Hey all, 

I've got an easy 4 later today. 

Sprinkles, feel better! Seriously though. I want to see what you can do with a healthy training cycle (if indeed such a thing exists), so unless you are starting your cycle already, concentrate on healing up! 

Docket, get better! 

Banshee, enjoy the SRD. Your competitiveness is not at all bad. Now, if it were me, I would be feeding him detrimental information for his training in order to sabotage his marathon--now, that's terrible. Also, I log from Monday - Sunday. 

Ami, it makes sense that that easy 5 feels tougher, since it's coming off of the 10, and your body is still recovering. Especially, if you have an easy day before your 10, that 10 is going to feel better. I think if you even add :30 or 1:00 to your pace and turn that easy 5 into a recovery 5, you will be better able to come back to another rigorous week of training. 

Mdawg, hope the calf holds up! 

Flinders, I hear you on the PF. It's the same way with me and the ITBS. I've gotta do all of it just to be in running shape. 

Sra, just read your bio, and I didn't realize you started racing marathons (or just racing period) so recently. I thought for sure you'd been doing it for a while. 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)