The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

Spoon

Me? The R&R Half is actually next weekend, but no I'm pretty confident I won't be breaking 1:30:00. Just ran 16.2 miles or so at just under a 9 min pace.
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Sierra put this together, showing Chaptico Classic 10K course ========================== Here is the 10K course, in rough form. It's obviously not exact. The 5K has an earlier turn around and ends on Zack Folwer Road: http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/us/md/charlotte%20hall/591417312367

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

That looks very different than what my impression of the 10k course is (for instance, I didn't think that it travels down Maddox Rd. at all). Joe?
        Durrr

It's hard to believe that this will be my fifth consecutive year running the Chaptico Classic (although I think this may possibly be Joe's TENTH year running). Here's history: *2004- 22Sad??) *2005- 21:10 *2006- 20:22 *2007- 20:07 *2008- ??:?? So you can see that I didn't make a whole lot of progress between '06 and '07. However, if I were to make that same degree of improvement --- a drop of 15 seconds --- tomorrow, I would satisfy my long-running goal to break 20:00.
          Durrr

Okay, that sad face was not intentional. Somehow typing "22 : (??)" created it.
              DR has the proud privelage of seeing his times go down in that race. My Chaptico times have only ever gone up! The LPRM has been approved for March 8th. Mark your calendars!
              Durrr

Your times have followed the pattern of an inverse pyramid, I'd say. From the 26:00 + you ran in 1998 down to the 21:00-something in 2006 (although I'm surely forgetting some of your prouder high school times) back up to the 28:00 + you ran last year. Time to turn that inverse pyramid upside down! I'll mark my mental calendar for 3/8/08 --- the day that Joe, Rick, Alden and others will make their grand marathon debuts --- but on a more immediate note we should register for the Lower Potomac River 10-Miler on 10/12/08(?)!
                AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I've already registered for LPRM. I hope that farm road part of Chaptico 10K doesn't lead to us running in mud on Saturday -- I might get a kick out of seeing other people go face down into the mud, but I don't want to contribute my face to the hilarity Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Is Chaptico at that little old church? How many people come? I mean, I've looked around that little old church, to see Union and Confederate graves, and I don't remember it having a big parking lot...

Diesel Power

People generally find places to park. When I made the trip last year, it was probably a 3-5 minute walk from my car to the general starting line area. If you show up an hour or so before the race, you'll find plenty of parking nearby.
                      Durrr

The whole race day set-up is always right up the street (Zack Fowler Rd) from the Christ Church Episcopalian church of Chaptico at the Christ Church Episcopalian church of Chaptico church hall. There's a big gravel parking lot in front of the church proper where many people always park, and you're bound to see many individuals migrating from there to the race center up the hill. I believe there are usually 100 to 150 people in the 5k, and usually about half that number in the 10k. Also, I think both courses stays entirely on paved roads, so mud shouldn't be too much of an issue.
                          FYI the part of the 10k that goes off the main road is mostly on a dirt road, so there is the potential for mud. Sorry, DR, you just aren't cool enough to have ever run the 10k to know!

Diesel Power

With the first major races of the Fall 2008 season in the rearview mirror, I suppose it's time to look forward. However, Val and I are still almost three weeks away from our next race, the Get Fit! 5K at Towson University. This event has several attributes that I look for in a race... close proximity and low price. I plan to do some running after my classes over the next few weeks, so I should get in a decent amount of time on the course. I know some turn their intentions to 10 milers and marathons later in the year, but are there any races planned for 9/08? I think CBRC has a few races on its calendar for the month.
                            Durrr

I'm in a pickle over the racing situation. I can't think of anything to run in September (I'm not going to consider that Hughesville race this weekend). The Get Ready race is on the 21st, right? I would gladly travel up for that but, as I've said, I'll be in Scranton that day. Actually, I did see something about a race in Solomons on the 28th (the weekend after the Pet Day 5k), the "CBL Run for Research 5k." I have no clue what the quality of that event will be.
                              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It is the Chesapeake Bio Lab -- last year they did a bike/run/bike duathlon, and this year they're giving up the bike part to just do a 5K. I think I heard it is the Solomon's course, but I am not sure -- and have no idea what the attendance will be like.