The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

philibusters

Maybe like 10 am.  I'd stick to the White Trail, the Fire roads are really bad.

Want to do 10am at Food Lion?  Otherwise I'd say one of the Three Notch Trails.

philibusters

Lets do three notch south.  Perry, Crystal, and DR, any interest?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We're in.

I've been feeling uninspired about training, But then every time I check lets run, G. D. has run another indoor WR, and it makes me want to run fast mid-distance Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

10am at TNT south. See ya!

Durrr

I was disappointed in Joe for not showing up to the SMLA fitness center at 5:20 a.m. this morning. And actually, Phil could've been on the middle treadmill.

I could have conceivably doubled in that fashion, but it didn't even occur to me that you would wake up that early. For all I knew you had the day off, too.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Fortunately everyone made today's *much easier trail run* improvement over Saturday -- better weather, and a million times better footing. And today Crystal got to run too.

And Joe, on the second lap Phil picked up your work of talking me into going long ASAP, and convinced me to do it today.

philibusters

Fortunately everyone made today's *much easier trail run* improvement over Saturday -- better weather, and a million times better footing. And today Crystal got to run too.

And Joe, on the second lap Phil picked up your work of talking me into going long ASAP, and convinced me to do it today.

I think its good to get that out of the way.  With the race next weekend and next weekend only being two weeks away from the marathon, next weekend was not probably an option so you had like yesterday, today, and tomorrow to get a 20 miler in for the marathon.  In those type scenarios I like to get the long run over with so its not hanging over my head.

Durrr

I realized that, in the past 2 weeks, I've had 4 days in which I've run 20 or more miles.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think its good to get that out of the way.  With the race next weekend and next weekend only being two weeks away from the marathon, next weekend was not probably an option so you had like yesterday, today, and tomorrow to get a 20 miler in for the marathon.  In those type scenarios I like to get the long run over with so its not hanging over my head.

I completely forgot that I agreed to run long with Trent up in DC on Feb 27th. He's doing 30mi, slow. I'll go run some or all of it -- guess that is a little closer to the marathon than desirable... oops.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I realized that, in the past 2 weeks, I've had 4 days in which I've run 20 or more miles.

Seems like you've had plenty of fast long runs, and volume, to set you up for a fast marathon.

philibusters

I completely forgot that I agreed to run long with Trent up in DC on Feb 27th. He's doing 30mi, slow. I'll go run some or all of it -- guess that is a little closer to the marathon than desirable... oops.

That will be a Thursday, seems like an odd day to do a run up in DC.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That will be a Thursday, seems like an odd day to do a run up in DC.

Yes; it's the day available to him.

philibusters

David, when we get warm whether like yesterday you really should run outside to keep your legs used to that.  It got up to the high 50's down here in Virginia yesterday (like 58 or 59 degrees).