The beautiful persons club

What happened to Globule? (Read 390 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I was back in MI visiting family a few years ago. My dad opened up a case to show me his latest acquisition -- a cream-colored Stratocaster. Both my aunt and I immediately went into a "Wayne's World"- like frenzy of worshiping and "I'm not Worthy!" It was a sweet guitar. Seeing this must have triggered the dream I had a few nights later. So a few nights later, I had The Dream. In it, I was playing The Strat. I was playing either "Purple Haze" or "Foxey Lady" (I think FL, since that song was actually used in "Wayne's World."). I was ripping into it -- freakin' tearing it up. I woke up early that morning feeling a definite voodoo vibe. Now I play a little guitar (very little). Just enough to know that the fingerings and chord positions I was hitting in my dream actually made some sense. I stumbled down the hallway that morning to dig out my own guitar. I was humming with anticipation. Had I channeled the spirit of the man whose playing can best be described as Unexplainable? Had all those hours of listening to Hendrix paid off -- had I subconsciously figured out how to not just hear Jimi, but to feel him? I strapped on my guitar in the gathering dawn, ready to greet the sunrise with my own version of the Star Spangled Banner ala Jimi at Woodstock.... Nothing. I still sucked. Sucked donkey to be exact. I also once had a dream where I was hearing something on guitar that was so beautiful, grand, and majestic it almost made we weep. It was the perfect marriage of George Harrison's slide technique with Jimmy Page's ferocity. And it wasn't something I'd ever heard before. Sadly, all I could remember about it the next morning was that it was in the key of G.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

Such a touching story. It's hard to tap into the inner Voodoo. But give me a wah-wah and I will rip the shit out of some Voodoo Child (Slight return), although I play it more SRV style. In all seriousness, I have figured out how to play certain parts of songs by dreaming about it. It's so damn weird. I will wake up, grab the guitar, replicate what I did in the dream, and it's magically spot on. Now they say you really learn guitar playing in your sleep because that's when the repitition takes root in your brain. I find this amazing, but it's clearly true. While you were studying Calculus in high school, I was learning how to play Jimmy Page solos because that got you chicks and TI-85's didn't. Well, at least not the kind of six pack chicks I was chasing. Anyway, I can remember several long nights where I attempted and failed time and time again to nail down some part. But when I woke up the next day I could play it. I always found that cool but never understood it.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

While you were studying Calculus in high school, I was learning how to play Jimmy Page solos because that got you chicks and TI-85's didn't.
        Dude, TI-85's are for dorks. All the cool kids had the HP 28S with the RPN (Reverse Polish Notation) calculation method.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Non ducor, duco.

Im so glad you guys found each other.

The Greatest of All Time

Dude, TI-85's are for dorks. All the cool kids had the HP 28S with the RPN (Reverse Polish Notation) calculation method.
            All I know is but for my trusty TI-85 I wouldn't have made it through college trig or 2 semesters of Calc (which by the way damn near killed me). I think I used it in physics too, which I enjoyed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Im so glad you guys found each other.
              Heh. Thanks for jumping in and breaking up the geekfest. We needed that.

Non ducor, duco.

Heh. Thanks for jumping in and breaking up the geekfest. We needed that.
                Its like when my DH met this guy who he could talk about the 1960 Lakers-Piston game with. (oops). It was a beautiful thing. Carry on...didnt mean to interrupt it.

The Greatest of All Time

We are going to be unstoppable in 2016. Pink Floyd will once again reunite to play at our inaugural ball.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

We are going to be unstoppable in 2016. Pink Floyd will once again reunite to play at our inaugural ball.
                    I came up with a killer campaign slogan driving home yesterday. It was so good, I almost posted it on the spot. But trying to post to RA via a Blackberry while driving didn't seem like a good idea. And now I can't remember it. Doh!

Oh Mighty Wing

hahaha (there was no thought just laughter)
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I play a mean left-handed air guitar. I'm just sayin'...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

I play a mean left-handed air guitar. I'm just sayin'...
                          Without video this is meaningless.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I came up with a killer campaign slogan driving home yesterday. It was so good, I almost posted it on the spot. But trying to post to RA via a Blackberry while driving didn't seem like a good idea. And now I can't remember it. Doh!
                            Alright, I still can't remember the campaign slogan, although I can remember being at the corner of Jordan Lane and Oakwood Rd. when I thought of it. Go figure. But after we win, they we should our acceptance speech a big banner that says "WHAT NOW, BITCHES?"

The Greatest of All Time

But after we win, they we should our acceptance speech a big banner that says "WHAT NOW, BITCHES?"
                              Our first initiative will be to declare Led Zeppelin album release dates national no-work holidays.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Without video this is meaningless.
                                What's it worth to ya'...? Evil grin Hey, I was just thinking about you today when I was listening to WGN radio. Are you hitting Taste? I have never been there for that. Some year I want to go. I have heard that it's fantastic. My brother went last year and said he has never felt so uncomfortably stuffed in his entire life.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay