iSmoothrun app doesn't download to Running Ahead since I bought a iPhone (Read 56 times)

I was using iSmoothrun with my iPhone SE and had no problems with it.  My phone became defective though.  I replaced it with the new i Phone SE which is completely different from the old iPhone SE.  I did transfer the iSmoothrun app to my new phone.  It does record my distance.  When I'm finished with my run though it will not export the data from my run to this site.  Now I'm wondering if iSmoothrun just doesn't work here anymore and is there another app that I can download for Running Ahead now?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just used iSmoothRun without trouble, today. I wonder if there's a glitch between the app and Garmin. Did the workout find its way there?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

No, I'm really frustrated by iSmoothrun now which I've been using for a long time now.   It does save my data but there's no way I can upload it to runningahead.com now.  I can't believe this.  I never expected this to happen, since I have switched phones before.  A long time ago I traded in my defective Apple 5S for a Apple SE and had no problems with using iSmoothrun and uploading my runs here.   I wish I could find another app now that would work with my smartphone and this site.  In the meantime, I'm trying to do everything I can to sync iSmoothrun with this site.  Today I just manually entered my run to this site.  It was a short run anyhow since it started raining hard today.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I recently upgraded phones (from 6s to 11) and had no trouble. Everything is up to date? See if there are any known bug issues reported on their FB page. I did run into an issue with my old phone, but IIRC it was fixed my updating something or restarting the app and the phone.

~ Sarah Kay

Looks like I might be switching to Strava.com now.  I had some success uploading a test walk there today.  It was just a test too, since all I did was walk 0.01 miles just to see if I could upload it to Strava and of course Running Ahead, which I've been a member of for longer than I can remember.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I ran into the same issue, today. Between my last outdoor run and today the only thing that has changed is iOS ran an update. Someone just posted today on their FB page that they are unable to send a workout to Garmin, as well. So it would appear to be some incompatibility between the iOS update and the app, rather than an issue with the app and/or hardware.

~ Sarah Kay

marutz

I used to run with Nike run club but due to numerous glitches I switched to SportMe Marathon Trainer. I run three times a week and monitoring my progress made me a less anxious and more self confident person. It's amazing what running can do for you!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Looks like I might be switching to Strava.com now.  I had some success uploading a test walk there today.  It was just a test too, since all I did was walk 0.01 miles just to see if I could upload it to Strava and of course Running Ahead, which I've been a member of for longer than I can remember.

Are you able to get runs with Strava to go to Garmin Connect? I've been under the impression that Garmin workouts can go to Strava, but not the other way around.

~ Sarah Kay

an amazing likeness

I was using iSmoothrun with my iPhone SE and had no problems with it.  My phone became defective though.  I replaced it with the new i Phone SE which is completely different from the old iPhone SE.  I did transfer the iSmoothrun app to my new phone.  It does record my distance.  When I'm finished with my run though it will not export the data from my run to this site.  Now I'm wondering if iSmoothrun just doesn't work here anymore and is there another app that I can download for Running Ahead now?

Aren't you actually describing a problem / issue with your iSmoothrun app?  The app isn't sending the data to RA.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Aren't you actually describing a problem / issue with your iSmoothrun app?  The app isn't sending the data to RA.

It's not getting the data to Garmin...it has to go there to get to RA. The issue is somewhere between the app and Garmin. Definitely unrelated to anything involving RA. The errors I get involve failure to upload to Garmin. The developer hasn't been particularly helpful. He seems to think it's something on Garmin's end.

~ Sarah Kay

I'm not sure yet but I might be trading my iPhone in for a Android.  If I do, I hope it works on the Android.   If I can even download on it, since its name leads me to believe it's strictly for iPhones.   Lately I've been manually downloading my data from a Strava app.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was able to kickstart the app and phone to play nice, again, by unpairing the two. IIRC I had to do that maybe a year ago, too. It seems to happen when there is an update with my Apple watch or phone.

And, yeah, I don’t think there’s an Android version.

~ Sarah Kay