Weirder than me? Uh huh baby! Darn right!... (Read 585 times)

Now that was a bath...

A very strange person indeed. After reading that, several things sprung forth in my mind. "I eventually ended up having to wear them or use a wheelchair because of a neurological disorder. I was in hog's heaven." Lucky? Unlikely? Q: So, from your point of view, it was just a lucky accident that your illness occurred and you became a candidate for an amputation? A: Yep. When the doctor suggested amputation I could have done hand-stands. I was elated. What I wanted was basically being handed to me. Call me lucky. Remarkably lucky? Unlucky? Or probably, in actual fact, paid a less than reputable surgeon to perform an operation necessary purely on an emotional basis rather than a physical one? I find it hard to believe that a person would initially want to wear leg braces and then, like a 'miracle' it happened that they really did require them. Then an underlying desire to have both of their legs removed - suddenly became reality too by a mysterious illness! Q: What sorts of clothes do you prefer to wear? A: Well, I don't wear shoes. Right now I have a blue shell top and a pair of panties on. Who wins the weird award here? The interviewer or the interviewee? "I would like to add that I consider myself the ultimate wannabe. Not only did I become a bilateral leg amputee, I became a woman. I was born male and lived as a male form most of 47 years." Nope - the interviewee definitely wins. Despite the fact that the interviewer and his fetish with amputee love is really weird and looked down upon by her- Denise definitely eats more weird cake on a daily basis. Now don't get me wrong - I feel very sorry for both these people (maybe wrongly as they clearly have no problem themselves) - and I cannot imagine the pain of wanting to undergo a procedure such as this and the dilemmas it then poses. But I really was left thinking 'Wow, what's the morality of commiting this sort of surgery on people. Are you saving them or maiming them?' Life is so very strange sometimes!
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shocked I think I need to bookmark that article. Every time I think I'm not "normal" enough I should just read that... Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

finney

Resident pinniped

I wanted glasses as a kid, and when I was 17 I developed an astigmatism. That's the same thing, right? Shocked
          Are you saving them or maiming them?'
          You're maiming them. Just because someone wants it doesn't mean it's a good thing.

A Saucy Wench

I wanted glasses as a kid, and when I was 17 I developed an astigmatism. That's the same thing, right? Shocked
            I wanted freckles as a kid and now that I am aging I am getting them. Power of positive thinking I guess Confused Wow. That is the strangest desire I have ever heard.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Now that was a bath...

You're maiming them. Just because someone wants it doesn't mean it's a good thing.
              Indeed. I whole heartedly agree 98%. 2% of me though thinks that a surgical operation is better than someone lying on train tracks to cut off their own legs (as has been done in these circumstances) - and its definitely better than someone resorting to suicide because they are so unhappy. I have however had a friend that began gender reassignment and later changed their mind and had the breasts removed. You can't have your legs replaced though can you. And if the remarkable coincidences of her medical history are even close to true - girlfriend needs to start wanting to be a lottery winner.
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Another Passion

Very strange disorder. I've heard of this before. It's hard to wrap your brain around. Although, as bad as my right lower leg hurts today... Roll eyes

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com