Hall Chooses Canova (Read 613 times)

Why is it sideways?

Apparently Ryan Hall will now be working with Renato Canova.

Interesting choice, and I think a positive one. Excited to see if this will rejuvenate Hall.

This does not mean he fired God, right? They  must be co-coaching him or something.

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

Ha.

I am imagining the exchanges between Hall's surfer-boy idiom and Canova's half-scrutable Italo-english.

Mr MattM

Canova IS God.

be curious; not judgmental

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Love the Half

Hmmmm.  God is telling him to go with the guy who is training the athletes who win races.  No mere human would have such remarkable wisdom.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

#artbydmcbride

God had some scheduling conflicts, so he outsourced to Renato

Runners run

xor

Canova: Excuse me stewardess, I speak God.

(I have faith.  And Faith.  And despite all that, which isn't worth getting into here, thumbs up to RH for accepting that a 3rd party view might help him.  And if it doesn't, well, it wasn't in God's plan.)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

(I have faith.  And Faith.  And despite all that, which isn't worth getting into here, thumbs up to RH for accepting that a 3rd party view might help him.  And if it doesn't, well, it wasn't in God's plan.)

Same here.  I'm one of the apparent few that got where he was coming from (though some better phrasing would have suited him), but still - always good to have some kind of earthly accountability in...well, anything you do.  That's in the Bible, even.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

+1!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I wish him well.