Saucony Fastwitch 4 -- back from the dead? (Read 934 times)

bhearn

These were my favorite trainers -- technically racing flats, but I use them as everyday trainers. They were discontinued this spring. The Fastwitch 5 is a totally different shoe, very low heel-tow drop, based on the Kinvara platform.

But now they are available again, both on Amazon and on ebay. I have been looking, because the last pair out of my stockpile were on their last legs. There hasn't been anything but size 14 available on Amazon in months.

What is going on here, I wonder? Did Saucony just release some large inventory stash they'd forgotten about, or what?

What's the shelf life of unused running shoes, anyway? I've got 5 new pairs on order. I wonder whether I should get more.

Queen of 3rd Place

THANK YOU! I bought the last two pairs I could find awhile back after I saw how different the 5s were.

Ex runner

esofen

Huzzah!  I also loved the Fastwitch 4s and have been kicking myself for not getting more than one pair.  Thanks, bhearn, for pointing out their reappearance!

For reference, I've found the Adidas Mana 5 to be a reasonable alternative.  The cushioning isn't as soft, but it's a similar fit, heel-toe drop, and ride.

C-R

For reference, I've found the Adidas Mana 5 to be a reasonable alternative.  The cushioning isn't as soft, but it's a similar fit, heel-toe drop, and ride.

+1 on the Mana as a suitable sub for the Fastwitch.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Oh roo roooo!

I'm looking into this, as I just ordered a pair of 5's from Running Warehouse and they are going back as I HATE them....nothing like my old ones.  Thanks for posting!

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

Funny you mention that.  I found some Fastwitch 4s stacked up in a corner at a Saucony outlet mall store last month... all size 12, 12.5 and 13 ... best day of my life.   Almost.   Now I have two fresh pairs to savor.

Before that, I'd also bought a pair of Mana 5s, as replacements, after not liking the feel of the Fastwitch 5.  However; I'm not sold on the Mana - the forefoot fit (mostly overlays) is not as nice as the Fastwitch 4 or Asics Gel Bandito (now replaced by the DS Racer). 

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

bhearn

I just ran my first 100 (Javelina Jundred) in one of the new FT4 pairs. No problems!