Mucus Problem (Read 910 times)

arerick

I'm a repeat newbie runner. I had completed the c25k plan in 2007 (and was very proud of myself) got pregnant the end of 07 and had a baby in September 2008. I'm currently in my second c25k plan (first time since having a baby). I just finished week 6 day 2 (run 10, walk 3, run 10). I was having a blast until the middle of week 5. For some reason I get full of mucus...it's not in my nasal passage and it's not in my chest. The best way to describe it is that it's at the bottom of my throat right above my collar bone. It is REALLY hard to breathe and I can't seem to get rid of it until my run is officialy done Does anybody have advice as to how to keep from getting so full of gunk? I run at noon with some co-workers during the week, so it's not stuff that settled overnight. And I truely don't feel like I'm pushing myself too hard.
      Have you tried spitting?

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Ya...spitting...that should help. Smile I know it seems grody but I get the same thing. Do you chew gum when you run?

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Oh Mighty Wing

snot rockets?

Run the race God set B4U

Yea, just spit...I'm such a girlie girl but watching my running partner spit, I learned to spit just like her. Seriuosly I get that too, I also cough after i run for a while....just a little quirk I guess Smile
            5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
              Yea, just spit...I'm such a girlie girl but watching my running partner spit, I learned to spit just like her. Seriuosly I get that too, I also cough after i run for a while....just a little quirk I guess Smile
              WOW -- Tina, Girls that spit are way cool......Big grinShockedBig grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

Run the race God set B4U

See arerick....you may become as cool as I Roll eyes
                arerick

Ya...spitting...that should help. Smile I know it seems grody but I get the same thing. Do you chew gum when you run?
                  I do chew gum, does that help or hurt? I do spit. However, I have not done the cough and spit...on Friday I will do my best to become as cool as you! Cool

Run the race God set B4U

I do chew gum, does that help or hurt? I do spit. However, I have not done the cough and spit...on Friday I will do my best to become as cool as you! Cool
                    Big grin Yea, I doubt it looks cool. I try to not do it in front of innocent bystanders or cars Smile Let me know how it goes for ya. But now chewing gum and trying to spit, without spitting your gum out...now there's something to master Smile
                      Big grin Yea, I doubt it looks cool. I try to not do it in front of innocent bystanders or cars Smile Let me know how it goes for ya. But now chewing gum and trying to spit, without spitting your gum out...now there's something to master Smile
                      While your running ----- Whew -- too hard for me -- I can run and spit or chew gum and spit, but run, chew gum AND spit.....NO WAY..... I'd probably fall down and swallow my gum and choke to death...... Too much pressure...

Champions are made when no one is watching

#artbydmcbride

WOW -- Tina, Girls that spit are way cool......Big grinShockedBig grin
                        I thought the swallowers were more popular.

Runners run

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

While your running ----- I'd probably fall down and swallow my gum and choke to death...... Hehe...that's a funny visual! Big grin

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!