Your Weird-isms while you run (Read 1352 times)

Counting your steps when is one of the signs of OCD ( Obsessive compulsive disorder). I've got mild symptoms myself, so I understand-seach for OCD on the web-interesting to see where you fit on the spectrum.
    PaulJ

While running a route, I really don't like to run on a same portion of the route twice. Tongue pauly
      dfffff

I don't think I do anything weird. I just run.
        Go Daddy

Counting your steps when is one of the signs of OCD ( Obsessive compulsive disorder). I've got mild symptoms myself, so I understand-seach for OCD on the web-interesting to see where you fit on the spectrum.
          Counting your steps, getting distracted and forgetting where you where in your count is one of the signs of ADD.
            If I'm at the end of a run and the legs feel good and I've got enough water and I don't have to be back by a certain time, I always want to tack on 2 or 3 extra miles.

runnin from hell

Counting your steps, getting distracted and forgetting where you where in your count is one of the signs of ADD.
              Try and count while your running and see how high you can get....its pretty funny. I usually lose count at 40 or 50 before i start thinking of something else...
                Try and count while your running and see how high you can get....its pretty funny. I usually lose count at 40 or 50 before i start thinking of something else...
                Well, I know what I'll be trying on my run tonight. Big grin I'm sure I won't much past 30 before my mind wanders off to something else.

Michelle

I can't listen to music when I run. Other than that I think I'm pretty normal and slow.

Giant Flaming Dork

I tend to fall back on the cheer for my daughter's soccer team... Don't mess Don't mess Don't mess with the best Cuz the best don't mess Don't fool Don't fool Don't fool with the cool Cuz the cool don't fool Beat 'em Bust 'em That's our Custom Gooooooooo Hurricanes! Cheesy yes, but it get's me up the hills...

http://xkcd.com/621/

Am I the only one sitting here trying to figure out the rhythm of Girmann's cheer? It sounds like a cool cheer--I want to know how to chant it correctly...

jfa

If there's a hard way and an easy way to do a route, I always go the hard way. The loop around our reservior has a big hill if you go clockwise. Most people go the wimpy way,not me. If there's a big hill on the route, I like to do that first.

Giant Flaming Dork

For your next hill run... Your foot should fall on each of the bolded capital letters (There are steps that you take where you don't say anything...) Don't Mess (Step) (Step) Don't Mess (Step) (Step) Don't Mess With the Best Cuz the Best Don't Mess Don't Fool (Step) (Step) Don't Fool (Step) (Step) Don't Fool With the Cool Cuz the Cool Don't Fool (Step) Beat 'Em Bust 'Em That's Our CusTom GoOoOoOooo HurRiCanes! <proud> Now picture 14, 6-7 year olds jumping up and down in a huddle to this cheer. It's quite awesome! </proud>

http://xkcd.com/621/

Thanks, Girmann--I like it!
                              For your next hill run... Your foot should fall on each of the bolded capital letters (There are steps that you take where you don't say anything...) Don't Mess (Step) (Step) Don't Mess (Step) (Step) Don't Mess With the Best Cuz the Best Don't Mess Don't Fool (Step) (Step) Don't Fool (Step) (Step) Don't Fool With the Cool Cuz the Cool Don't Fool (Step) Beat 'Em Bust 'Em That's Our CusTom GoOoOoOooo HurRiCanes!
                              My daughter's soccer team sings this! Except they are the Blue Angels. Smile

Michelle

Run the race God set B4U

I just realized this on my run today. When I'm running in crowded areas, or by cars during rush hour, I make the worst faces I can think of, and act like I'm about to fall over. Hey, people aren't supposed to think running is all fun and easy Big grin Yes, I know I'm strange... Confused
                                I guess I'm just the opposite here, I want people to think WOW she is just comfortable , I relax my face and look around like "what? Yea I'm running, no big deal" (if you knew me you would find that hillarious, by the way) and when I run by a walker or others I quieten my breathing.
                                5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)