Running is boring. (Read 417 times)

kkittenkat

English Villian

You've actually got to get over that, if you want to make it work for you.

Many think it, I've actually said it.

Seattle prattle

Yep. I reckon it is, by golly.

I'll double down on that sentiment.

Am I the only one who does mathematics problems in their head while running, just to pass the time?

I wear an MP3 player and listen to music, but even that gets tedious.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Still kicking

When you live on the southeast side of our city, running never gets boring. True story, last Tuesday I was doing speedwork on a local golf course, and got shadowed/chased by the cops... a bank got robbed 1/2 mile up the street, and I was a suspect

I'm also on Athlinks and Strava

kkittenkat

English Villian

When you live on the southeast side of our city, running never gets boring. True story, last Tuesday I was doing speedwork on a local golf course, and got shadowed/chased by the cops... a bank got robbed 1/2 mile up the street, and I was a suspect

Lol. he's running so he must be guilty!

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I was a golf fanatic before taking up running and I used to always get the famous quote that “golf is a good walk spoiled”. I must be addicted to boring sports!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Seattle prattle

i used to be really involved in a "cool" sport before i gave it up for running. I got sick to death of all the pretentiousness of it, and i thrive on running's low cost to entry (accessbility) and general lack of glamour.

I'm sure it all about what sport fits you, but running has become a part of my being.

Frankly, a notion like boringness i find very shallow. Sure, it's boring. Beneath that surface, though, there's vast things to be learned, and it's probably not what you would have thought. That's been my ongoing experience.

Boring equates to the sullied, dying or death of excitement. It is an endless cycle that you have to actually "see" to become aware of. However, once seen...it becomes you...and then is the death of boring. Congrats on your seeing....and here is to more into the unforeseen.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

RunNow

Boring equates to the sullied, dying or death of excitement. 

Truth.

If you are too unimaginative to keep your thoughts from recreating while running, you are either blunt brained or overly irritated  with life.

Seattle prattle

I guess it must be boring. I mean, ask yourself how long will it before you see Dos Equis' "World's Most Interesting Man" doing a segment in running shorts and a sweaty singlet. ...Not going to happen. What more proof do you need?

If running is indeed boring, then why not do something else instead? Life is far too short to spend a significant amount of time with boredom. There are plenty of fun things one can do instead. That have the similar effects.

Try pole dancing for example. I have been paying close attention lately and must say the ladies do seem to enjoy themselves and they are mostly in shape too!!!

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

kkittenkat

English Villian

If running is indeed boring, then why not do something else instead? Life is far too short to spend a significant amount of time with boredom. There are plenty of fun things one can do instead. That have the similar effects.

Try pole dancing for example. I have been paying close attention lately and must say the ladies do seem to enjoy themselves and they are mostly in shape too!!!

I don't think that pole dancing would be as beneficial to the cardiovascular system.

Thinking isn't knowing kitty. You won't know for sure unless you try it. That's a fact.

Try pressing your butt cheaks real hard while spinning as fast as you can, wearing those high heel shoes. Anastasia Sokolova garantees results in no more than 2 weeks.

Who are we to doubt that.

kkittenkat

English Villian

Nailed it.

Thinking isn't knowing kitty. You won't know for sure unless you try it. That's a fact.

Try pressing your butt cheaks real hard while spinning as fast as you can, wearing those high heel shoes. Anastasia Sokolova garantees results in no more than 2 weeks.

Who are we to doubt that.

This is the proof. Amazing. Where the heck is the like button???