When do you put on running pants? (Read 1070 times)

You Are Beautiful.

Tbone! 509er here too! Are you doing Ironman again this year? My boyfriend's dad is probably going to volunteer this year and almost certainly going to compete next year. He doesn't swim at all now. Should be interesting! I'm planning to do a sprint tri in CDA. Are there any Spokane groups? Where do you swim? I heard the Y doesn't have very big pools (I had thought they would).

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
    Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

So 50F your either naked or running in your undies?
      If I had my way yeah, unfortunately I live right next to a police station. Plus, I usually don't even take my shirt off to run because my pasty white MN body is still under there, but I am already sporting a decent farmer's tan. Needless to say I was sweating like crazy yesterday.
        For those of you who run in cooler weather, what in terms of clothing, does 40F mean to you?
        For me -- short sleeved T-shirt covered with a long sleeved t-shirt...... Running shorts and I usually start out wearing gloves, but take them off during the run...... At about 35 or so I normally go to longer running pants or tights...

Champions are made when no one is watching

This seems to work pretty well for me: http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/whattowear/0,7152,s6-240-325-330-0,00.html
          DoppleBock

I'm heading up to the mountains with some friends in a few weeks. The weather report said it expected temps in the 40s-60s (Probably closer to 40 as I want to get my runs in before people wake up) I've never been good at correlating numeric degree values with how cold it actually feels. For those of you who run in cooler weather, what in terms of clothing, does 40F mean to you? Thanks, Ben
            Depends on Wind - Dead calm and low 40s is nice in shorts. Windy and not as nice. If you are running easy and slow you generate less heat. I also find what is nice for 1 hour is not always nice for a 2 hour run. If the sun is not up you will get no radiant heat. I would go runs 40 minutes shorts runs in dead calm > 40 minutes = shorts Windy and > 40 minute runs - Sweat pants Once its in the upper 40s = shorts for all

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

509er here too! Are you doing Ironman again this year? We're on the map! No IM for me this year. Taking a year off to try to reestablish a balanced life Tongue

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

#artbydmcbride

Exactly. I didn't say "ALL hot women, no pants no shorts". It is situation dependent. Besides, running that way hurts. All the RA women I've met are hot. Not all of the kickrunners women are hot. ha HA!
                WooHooo! I'll take it! Big grin

Runners run

On My Horse

65+ Shorts and no shirt 32-65 Shorts and a T-Shirt 20-32 pants and a jacket <20 pants, jacket, hat, gloves pants,="" jacket,="" hat,=""></20 pants, jacket, hat, gloves>

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

HOSS1961

unless there is a hard wind or rain, my usual scale is 32F - long sleeve shirt comes off 40F - long pants come off
                    Opposite for me.
                    HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured

Bugs

All the RA women I've met are hot.
                      Hope you don't have to MTA after Fargo Marathon. See you there.

Bugs

40 with serious wind, pants. 40 with a little wind or no wind, shorts. hot woman, no pants no shorts.
                        xor

Indeed. (in other news, I don't really know if I'm MTAing or not because I just thought that's what everyone wrote when they edited a post. But I am leaving right after the race.)

#artbydmcbride

always before going running.

Runners run

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

For a long run I dress 25 deg F above ambient temp, 20 deg F above for shorter runs. I factor in wind as well ever since getting cramped calves from windy 30 deg day while in shorts. So <30f>40 shorts, and shirt depends on wind. On a windy 30 deg day I'll put on a wind breaker vest instead of the short sleeve shirt. A good example is the recent Cowtown 10k on 2/28. Temp we 25-30 deg F with 15-20 mph steady wind, gusts to 35! I wore tights, shorts, my long and short sleeve shirts and a light hooded wind breaker that I could remove and tie around my waist. As it turned out I never took it off and just unzipped it and let it flap in the breeze. The wind gusts were to strong and it was light enough that I didn't overheat. Runners World has a what to wear wizard that lets you select temp, wind, and how you like to feel, e.g. cool, warm, etc. I used that to get some ideas. Being an early morning pre-dawn runner the only time I run in daylight is when I race... My problem is over dressing for a race and getting warm from solar heating!Shocked</30f>

bob e v
                              2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

When do you put on running pants?
                                My neighbors sure do appreciate when I remember to put them on before the run.