Some getting to know you questions because I'm shamefully nosey! (Read 1403 times)

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

How old were you when you started running? I loved running as a kid and did track team as a 6th grader - was on the distance team. Didn't sign up in 7th grade because a relative died and I wasn't in a place mentally where I wanted to do it. Got away from running after having an allergy attack running the mile in HS (complete with bloody nose!). Came back to it a year ago, got injured and was forced to stop, and started again in January 2008 (at age 31). Totally hooked. What was your prior experience? Track team in 6th grade, where I learned what a fartlek was! Smile What made you get into it? This time around - Wanting to get in shape and push myself - then found it is the perfect mental/physical therapy for me. What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? C25K How long has it been since you started? Starting June 2007, injured August 2007. Returned permanently in January 2008. What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? As much as I can do. Training for my first HM right now.

TRUST THE PROCESS

How old were you when you started running? About 20. What was your prior experience? I ran the 400 for track in high school, been an off and on runner for the past 3 years but never serious. What made you get into it? A friend trained for and finished the Boston Marathon this year (always been a dream of mine) and I decided it was time. What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? I've read Jeff Galloway's Book on Running (highly recommended for anyone) and I read forums. I reference to Hal Higdon's Half Marathon training program for novice runners as a guide to my training for this October's Boston Half. How long has it been since you started? 7 months since I've gotten serious. What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? Enough to complete the Half at a decent time. Right now I fluctuate between 7 and 15 a week depending. I'd say I'd like to have a solid (non-training) weekly base mileage around 20.

2012: Just run.

jpcecil

I'm sure this has been done before, so I apologize if you've answered these questions a million times before! How old were you when you started running? 32 What was your prior experience? None What made you get into it? Lose weight, get into shape What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? Couch to 5K program from cool running. How long has it been since you started? 5 Years What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? 50/200 Big grin
        Go Daddy

How old were you when you started running? First Time: 18 Second Time: 42 What was your prior experience? Ran three years in college (not on a team) completed a marathon in '84 and took a 19 year break What made you get into it? Open Heart surgery for congenital valve issues. What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? Plugged away at a four mile route until I was able to run it without stopping. How long has it been since you started? Three years What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? Moving towards 30/120 and beyond.