DFW, Texas: Whiterock Marathon and Half Marathon (Read 950 times)

Burninated Peasant

My marathon bib is 1910. Not sure what you can do with that information, but there it is anyway.
      I'm 6345.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Not sure what you can do with that information, but there it is anyway.
        Just posting so others can meet fellow RA'ers. Parking Are you all parking at the AA center?

Vim

Burninated Peasant

If I go, I'll be parking at the AAC. I've been sick since Thanksgiving, and my neighbor's coworker is looking for a bib, so I may skip out on this one. Also, I need to empty out our old house by this weekend since the new owners want to close on it next Wednesday and guess when their final walk-through is? Yup, Sunday. Aaargh! If I do make it out there Sunday, I will definitely be going VERY slow.
          mbk

Just posting so others can meet fellow RA'ers. Parking Are you all parking at the AA center?
            I've got bib 3655. I haven't decided on parking yet. A few years ago when I did the half I took the light rail in from Garland and it worked out well. I might try that again.
            mbk

If I go, I'll be parking at the AAC. I've been sick since Thanksgiving, and my neighbor's coworker is looking for a bib, so I may skip out on this one. Also, I need to empty out our old house by this weekend since the new owners want to close on it next Wednesday and guess when their final walk-through is? Yup, Sunday. Aaargh! If I do make it out there Sunday, I will definitely be going VERY slow.
              Looks like the deck is stacked against you! Hope you are still able to make it. Your VERY slow will still put you ahead of me!

Burninated Peasant

I'm finally feeling much better today, so I decided I will go. Since the full marathon starts an hour before the much-more-crowded half, I'm not worried about them running out of space before I get there. My wife and parents showed up just before the start of the full last year and didn't have any trouble finding a parking spot.
                  Glad to hear you are feeling better, Michael! I'm not going to get there early enough to see Marshall and Michael at the start, but I will be waiting to cheer you at the finish line. I will probably get there an hour before the half starts. Modal, do you want to try to run together and if so where to meet? I do not know that area very well.

Modal, do you want to try to run together and if so where to meet? I do not know that area very well.
                    That sounds good to me. I want to try for a 9:30 min/mile or less, but we'll see. I have been sluggish lately. I am not to familiar with the area well either. My plan is to scope it out Friday or Saturday when I pick up my packet. Anyone else showing up for the Half or Full?

Vim

if anyone is interested my bib # is 5151 for the half. i have no clue where i'll be parking...i just hope not to vomit before the gun goes off. .... Shocked
                      Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
                      mbk

if anyone is interested my bib # is 5151 for the half. i have no clue where i'll be parking...i just hope not to vomit before the gun goes off. .... Shocked
                        Courtney, if you meet up with Bonkin before the race you will definitely vomit. He has that affect on people. I advise you to steer clear of him until after the race. There are several on this thread that can attest to his "vomit inducing" capabilities. Other than that he's a super guy.
                          Courtney, if you meet up with Bonkin before the race you will definitely vomit. He has that affect on people. I advise you to steer clear of him until after the race. There are several on this thread that can attest to his "vomit inducing" capabilities. Other than that he's a super guy.
                          LOL - Thanks, Marshall. Just for that - I will show up early to see you off at the start. Evil grin Or better yet, I will meet you at an aid station. Wink Good luck to all the RA runners this weekend - but especially all of us DFW area ones. It looks like the cold front is getting here a day early too. I was hoping that you full marathoners would get lucky and not have to run in the heat.

Good luck to all the RA runners this weekend - but especially all of us DFW area ones. It looks like the cold front is getting here a day early too. I was hoping that you full marathoners would get lucky and not have to run in the heat.
                            No doubt. As if I wasn't already anxious enough about this dang thing. The forecast SUCKS. Cry http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USTX0825?from=dayDetails_topnav_undeclared
                            Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!

Another Passion

Good luck RA peeps runnin' Texas this weekend! Big grin

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

derek

Best of luck everyone. I had signed up for the half, but I wouldn't be running. I'm still trying to rest my heel, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I'm hoping to resume running in the new year.

Derek