Two a days (Read 217 times)

xhristopher

If you are a higher mileage runner, like X, and you have a good 15 mile workout planning, that's going to take you a good 90 minutes. For healthy transitions using the above rules of thumb, you want a 45 minute warmup, and a 90 minute warmdown. Now you've invested 225 minutes for your run. Trying to double that, is clearly likely to cost you more time than you're willing to invest, unless you're really committed to healthy transitions. So you'll be tempted to skimp on the transitions, putting your engine back into high risk exposure.

Every time I read this I understand it a little less.

With that said, Doubles are the worst lifestyle choice you can make. I've spent my current training cycle trying to increase single day mileage and decreasing doubles.

The laundry factor alone makes me loathe doubles.

Ready, go.

Much to my wife's chagrin, if they've dried out, I just wear the same clothes for my second run of the day.  Running doesn't mean I'm not lazy.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My bleary morning eyes saw, "The laundry factor alone makes me loathe clothes."

NHLA

Morning run as soon as the sun comes up 6-8 miles with 1000 to 1600' up and down. That way I don't have to worry about  pace  because the hills make the run hard.  Rest as long as you run.

After DW goes to sleep run down the mt  3-4 miles get a PBR  @ Hanna's  and run back up the mt.

When training for Blue Ridge Relay I run six 10ks with a six hour break between runs.

The lack of sleep is as hard as the running. You will learn to eat when you don't want to.

My bleary morning eyes saw, "The laundry factor alone makes me loathe clothes."

That too.

Shirtless summers.

Ready, go.