Starting? Racing Heart Rate...?? (Read 71 times)

Curious what everyones race start looks like...?

Let's just say your 5k heart rate is 165...

Would you be able to bank some time...by going fast at the gun until you hit that 165bpm heart rate and settling into your race pace?

Or do you think starting off at your race pace...and letting it more slowly build to that 165bpm?

wondering if even though you're going faster than your race pace but your heart hasn't isn't yet at 165....are you producing extra lactate etc... that'll hurt you later on? or does that only happen once you're over that 165bpm?

thanks.

300m- 37 sec.

SMART Approach

Even in a shorter race like a 5K, if you blow out too fast for too long (other than the first 10-15 sec) it will hurt you later in race. Even pacing is ideal or a negative split. This is a proven racing strategy.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Running Problem

Problem Child

I've never thought banking time was a good race strategy. It seems horrible to go out too hard, expect to slow down, and not know how much you'll slow down. I just go out at race pace. For everything. For a 5K if my goal is a 6:00/mi pace I don't want to go at 5:30 pace for a mile and expect to hang on to a 6:30 at the end.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Ruth Rogers

Sometime, Its hard to do the trading on daily basis and if you lose the game then you would be stress because of this tromba. I would say that you can learn with online assignment https://www.bestessaytips.com/review_essay.php buying term papers online which is cheap and very economical on student's pocket though