Pacing - the most fascinating physiological phenomenon (Read 1366 times)

I'm still trying to figure out what Ennay means by duh. Tongue
    And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

re: Duh Could be a reference to the medical condition Dyschromatosis universalis hereditaria, (Dyskeratosis Congenita etc). or could be an arcane reference to the German environmental group?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Rich_

Hey, you can always slow down and go further. Which means you selected the maximum pace you could run for that distance, but the maximum pace you could run for that distance did not result in complete exhaustion, just specific fatigue at that pace and distance. Which means fatigue is specific to a pace & distance.
        Continuing on... Simple logic tells us that if we fatigue at one pace but are able to continue running at a slower rate then the fatigue is specific and limited, affecting a particular part or parts of our physiology but not our entire body. You haven't "exhausted" your running muscles because you could keep running at a lower pace. Clearly you are fatigued, but the fact that you could slow down and keep running indicates only a portion of your active muscles ares fatigued. Regardless of why those fibers are fatigued, the point is not all of your muscle fibers fatigue at the same time or at the same pace.
        Rich World's Fastest Slow Runner

Why is it sideways?

Train easy. Race hard.
          mikeymike

Train easy. Race hard.
            Heh.

Runners run