Wearing right for the weather (Read 1670 times)

325th place or bust!

It was 50 and windy today so i wore my long-sleeve shirt and thin gloves.  But hey, I live in Southern California so that's like 10 degrees to you guys.  Smile

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

They are really spendy.  They are also well constructed.  They could be the best thing in the world.

Except for a really dumbass design decision which I didn't realize until I wore them for about an hour.

Yes, that's something I want rubbing my boy parts for 1-6 hours.

I've spent a decent amount of money on running clothes, only to find they have random stitching or a tag that rubs your skin raw, and I discover this in a hot shower. 

It's always on my list of things to do to put body-glide on before I run, and I forget.  After each long run I end up with a semi circle red line where my running/bra rubs on my skin, and down the bottom of it too.  Any fabric that is coming in contact with your skin, multiplied by a couple of hours, gets brutal eventually.

Poor quality pants just fall apart, but you don't have to spend a lot of money on good quality (if you shop at Marshalls).  Those slick fabrics work for me.

If you don't spend enough money on running tops, they get so stinky that they could almost get up and walk by themselves.  I've made the mistake (at Marshalls) of choosing a cute color, as opposed to a quality brand/product. 

an amazing likeness

If you don't spend enough money on running tops, they get so stinky that they could almost get up and walk by themselves.  I've made the mistake (at Marshalls) of choosing a cute color, as opposed to a quality brand/product. 

Any brand, make, model or fabric of running shirt, doesn't matter....I can Permastink it.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Blaaahhhh

it took me a while to learn it, but I have much better running times when I'm a little cold, as opposed to a little hot.  Given the length of my runs, I'm only cold for a few miles, and it's better for me to have 3 cold miles than 15 miles where I'm too hot. 

If it's at all above freezing I'll run in shorts and a sweater with a hat and gloves on. No fancy stuff for me, just cheap and warm.

It was very warm last Saturday, so I headed out on my 8 mile run in just shorts and a t-shirt. Right at the 4 mile point a brutal North wind came up. I was freezing and my arms were numb by the time I got home, but I was quite impressed how fast my pace was.

All things considered I'd rather be comfortably dressed and do slow training runs than run fast freezing my ass off.

xor

A sweater?

A sweater?

Pull this thread as I walk away.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

L Train

Hey, did you hear about the party after the show?  Are you going?  I want to go but my friends don't really want to go.  Can I get a ride?

Let's be friends and just walk away

mikeymike

Life's so rad.

Runners run

L Train

Catcha later bro.

A sweater?

I'm so stoked!

That said, a friend's mom always calls any kind of long sleeved shirt that you pull over your head a sweater, including what I call, a hooded sweatshirt.  Perhaps?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

A jumper?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

A jumper?

That's third eye blind.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

hooded sweatshirt

I like the red ones.

xor

I'm so stoked!

That said, a friend's mom always calls any kind of long sleeved shirt that you pull over your head a sweater, including what I call, a hooded sweatshirt.  Perhaps?

I learned the hard way that a hockey jersey is not, in fact, a jersey at all... but rather, it is a "sweater".  I still don't think that's what was meant.

Though I have now run a full marathon and a half marathon in a football sweater.

But not one with the big letter on it.