running streak? how long... (Read 852 times)

jeffdonahue

I actually decided to start based on a quote I read last year by Frank Shorter: The more consistent you are in your training, the less you must rely on a perfect training run every day. – Frank Shorter To me, it just makes sense.
      HI, this is my first post. need to get an avatar soon I ran everyday for 9months 21 days. ( i forgot to run one day. woke up the next morning and was like, "shit! i forgot to run" ) anyways. it was fun. but i dont think it is the best way to train. if you have a goal race or time planned then you cant beat a well thought out and training plan with off days. but if you just want to revive your running motivation, streaking can be fun i didnt see if anyone posted this or not www.runeveryday.com
      The right path is my path.
        I had been running 25 to 30 days in a row, and then I would take one or two days off. I saw the group jeffdonahue provided a link for, and thought it would be interesting to see how my fitness/race times change by running every day. I like experimenting / trying things like that. modify: my plan was to run 25 to 30 days in a row, but I actually had not been too successful....

Sine Metu

I've got a streak of 106 days going right now. It's been fun, and it's definitely a good idea for someone looking to be more consistent. One of the negatives would be small injuries and pains snowballing into more pain. I've been dealing with some hip pain the last couple weeks. If I didn't have this streak going, I would probably just take a couple days off to let it heal up faster (which I might do pretty soon). I'd rather take a couple zero's and then be able to run my workouts better than just keep putting up slow, low-mileage days for my own vanity. In this respect I would say that a streak has the ability to hinder your progress if you are training for something specific.

A lot of pressure in the middle of those shoulders / And we ain't gettin nothing but older / Ain't nothing change but the day we run from / But nobody knows that better than you,huh