I missed my run (Read 803 times)

I once had a great 16 miler the morning after a wine tasting where we tasted too many wines. The first 8-12 miles were horrible. Then it was all good. Then I got back to my car and the tires were flat. After dropping the car off at the shop I got a bonus 2 miles as I ran home. By time I got home, I felt great!
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up trent. I didn't run far enough! heh. Tongue

Beware, batbear...

Do you guys really think its a good cure?
      An ounce of prevention is worth pounding 16 oz of ice cold frosty cure...or something like that. Seriously, as long as you're not still drunk, it makes sense that speeding up the blood flow would help the kidneys flush out the free radicals. Might be painful. I used to drink a LOT of beer (when I lived in Germany). If you know you're going to be tying one on and taking a day off from running, a good alternative would be to go out somewhere that you can dance for a few hours. You'll usually drink a little less if you're consumed by the vibe. If I know I'm going to be drinking, I also try to go places I can walk home from - for both safety and recovery reasons. I always seem to have less of a hangover the next day if I have a good 40 minute walk home from the pub. Don't know why.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Yeah...I don't usually drink, but when I do I usually end up drinking way more than I should. Roll eyes On that particular weekend, it was a saturday I assume since I used to always do my LRs on sunday morning. I just remember feeling particularly awful throughout the entire run. It was the run when my itbs first flared up too so I ended up walking home after 10 miles anyway. Ugg, I don't have fond memories of that run!

glutton for punishment

i know i am in the minority but i totally quit drinking 3 yrs ago i know, i know - what a boring life now. BUT the good news is that totally quitting drinking allowed me to lose a lot of weight and made me more motivated to run / work out. going to the pub for "treinty dos" several times a week was always more fun than running note all my friends are drinkers and im not trying to preach, just something i had to move on from
          PRs: 5K - 22:15 May 09 10K - 47:11 feb 09 15K - 1:16 april 09 HM - 1:47 nov 08
            Drinking has ruined alot of good runs for me, but on the other hand, running has ruined alot of what would have been perfectly good drinking nights. I call it a wash.

Ryan

JimR

Exercise helps my hangovers
              I set my half PR with a hangover
              Slo

Damn...I didn't know this thread was about Drinking ! Actually I posted in the Masters thread that I just made up an excuse not to join some co-workers after work for some beers. I'd never hear the end of it if they really knew I'm skipping out to get my run in. But I'll still manage to knock back a few beers too when I'm done.....and they tend to hit a little harder and a little faster when your slightly dehydrated Wink 2 beers is my limit. Once I finish three I'm all in.......I'll be drinking the rest of the night. I can stop at 2 but not at 3.