Running Books/Running Stories (Read 965 times)

jules2

What's an ISBN? (joke) ((or is it?))
    I won't claim a GETM as I'm in a good mood, Its a unique code given to almost all books similar to a bar code, look at the publishing details on the inside of any book cover. The book is really good but as mentioned you may find parts of it quaint. The cover reads WHAT MAKES A GOOD FELL RUNNER? you need four things, good heart and lungs, a light frame preferably under 10 stone with no excess fat, the kind of sure-footedness that comes from a lifelong familiarity with the hills and a disregard for pain and danger that verges on lunacy. As a 13 stone southerner with weak ankles who spent the best years of his life smoking and is terrified of hights I'm a less than perfect fit for this profile. I have modeled myself on him which I why at 12 stone I am running a three hour fell race tomorrow and at the finish will smoke my customary cigar.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

by far my favorite is Once a Runner (that probably goes without saying) but The Perfect Mile and Bowerman and the Men of Oregon are both really good too I definately would not recommend The Harriers.. i read it recently and it was pretty bad
        I like Jack Daniels Running Formula. No fluff, no fiction, just what you need to learn if you are serious about becoming the best you can be. *NOT RECOMMENDED FOR JOGGERS OR MARATHON BELT NOTCHERS.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I like Jack Daniels Running Formula. No fluff, no fiction, just what you need to learn if you are serious about becoming the best you can be. *NOT RECOMMENDED FOR JOGGERS OR MARATHON BELT NOTCHERS.
          EP.
            Big grin

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

STOP MESSING WITH ME. I almost had 'em all! Evil grin

Ricky

Ricky

Member Since 2008

The book "PRE" is awsome.