Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

vict

A giant puffball.

This was a white sphere about 2" diameter, just sitting in the middle of a field all by itself.  It looked like something from space.

So, of course I picked it up with me and brought it back home.  That thing must have weighed about 20 lbs, not the easiest thing to run with.

Guess what I had fried up for supper later that night?  Smile

Not quite on the ground...but...

So my wife is riding out the heatwave with the kids at her parents house (they have a pool, we don't). I had to do my own laundry. Normally this is not a problem, I can do laundry, I'm not a crazy "man do this, wo-man do that" kind of guy). But we just got a new machine a few weeks ago, and I'm not "trained up" on it. Those things are fancy now.

Anyway, it's humid. So around mile 7 tonight I look down to see if there's any salt on my shorts (there was on my long run Sunday, and it doesn't happen that often). I freaked out when I saw my right inner leg - bottom of shorts to knee - was covered in a yellowy foam. WTF!?! It actually made me jump mid stride. Crazy infection? Wild attack fungus? Just dopey me can't do laundry properly.

On the plus side...no chafing. A nice slippery ride.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
      xor

Ha.  I've kinda done that.

Wash jeans improperly.

Wear jeans out into rain storm.

FOAM.  WTF!?

xhristopher

Not quite on the ground...but...

So my wife is riding out the heatwave with the kids at her parents house (they have a pool, we don't). I had to do my own laundry. Normally this is not a problem, I can do laundry, I'm not a crazy "man do this, wo-man do that" kind of guy). But we just got a new machine a few weeks ago, and I'm not "trained up" on it. Those things are fancy now.

Anyway, it's humid. So around mile 7 tonight I look down to see if there's any salt on my shorts (there was on my long run Sunday, and it doesn't happen that often). I freaked out when I saw my right inner leg - bottom of shorts to knee - was covered in a yellowy foam. WTF!?! It actually made me jump mid stride. Crazy infection? Wild attack fungus? Just dopey me can't do laundry properly.

On the plus side...no chafing. A nice slippery ride.

Too bad your wife is gone because she probably would have asked "Is that yellowy foam coming down your leg our are you just happy to see me?"

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

A giant puffball.

This was a white sphere about 2" diameter, just sitting in the middle of a field all by itself.  It looked like something from space.

So, of course I picked it up with me and brought it back home.  That thing must have weighed about 20 lbs, not the easiest thing to run with.

Guess what I had fried up for supper later that night?  Smile

Hold on, was it two inches or two feet in diameter?  Two feet would indeed be a giant.

What I saw this morning was a mattress in the middle of the street.  Not half as good as a giant puffball.

A cell phone and cover.  Although far from weird, I was a little upset by the owner who didn't appreciate me being a good guy.  I found this phone when running next to the senior citizen community near my house and figured, because of where I found it, and the size of the phone, belonged to an older person.  Being the nice guy that I am, I decided to run with this 5 pound phone in my hand for my last two miles.  After my run, I checked the call history on the phone and called the owner at home.  I'm assuming the wife answered and I explained that I found the phone in the middle of the street when doing my run.  Her response, "That must be Jeff's phone.  Take it to the clubhouse for him and leave it there and we'll get it later", and then hung up.  No thank you.  No nothing.  What's wrong with seniors today?  Ungrateful.

xhristopher

Here's an old one.

Very early one morning this March I found a shrink wrapped box for an AppleCare protection plan (iPhone) lying in the middle of the street. In June I got an iPhone and found the activation code to be good.

I guess I could have advertised it as lost on Craigslist and found many, many, many owners. Oh, well.

Her response, "That must be Jeff's phone.  Take it to the clubhouse for him and leave it there and we'll get it later", and then hung up.  No thank you.  No nothing.  What's wrong with seniors today?  Ungrateful.

She didn't say which clubhouse, huh?  The possibilities are limited only by how much postage you care to affix.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I found this pot belly pig today.

She didn't say which clubhouse, huh?  The possibilities are limited only by how much postage you care to affix.

Luckily, there is only one clubhouse in our community.  If she meant a different clubhouse, she won't be getting her phone back.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I found this pot belly pig today.

Get out!

Get out!

I wish I was kidding.  I don't want a pig!  But I didn't want him to get hit by a car or die of thirst in this 100F+ weather.  So, now I have a pig.  I am going to canvas the neighborhood tonight for lost pig signs or maybe find a distraught owner searching for his pig.

xhristopher

I wish I was kidding.  I don't want a pig!  But I didn't want him to get hit by a car or die of thirst in this 100F+ weather.  So, now I have a pig.  I am going to canvas the neighborhood tonight for lost pig signs or maybe find a distraught owner searching for his pig.

Have you given it a (temporary) name yet? If so, what? If not, perhaps someone here can help with one.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Her response, "That must be Jeff's phone.  Take it to the clubhouse for him and leave it there and we'll get it later", and then hung up.  No thank you.  No nothing.  What's wrong with seniors today?  Ungrateful.

I've had an old woman call my cell # a couple of times with the wrong #.  Once she left a voicemail and you could tell that she and the old guy with her had no clue how to use voicemail...they were arguing about the # she'd just dialed.  Another time she called and when I answered she very angrily demanded "WHO IS THIS?!"  When I gave her my name she slammed the receiver down (not a click from a cell or cordless phone, but a very audible old-school receiver smacking the plastic base).  At least I assume these were both the same woman.  Either that or there are a lot of bitchy old broads in my neck of the woods.

Had I found that cell phone I'd be inclined to just drop it back in the street.  Cranky old farts can find a new giant phone.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have you given it a (temporary) name yet? If so, what? If not, perhaps someone here can help with one.

Bacon!!! Evil  Seriously, though, he's cute!  If you lived near my dad I'd be letting him know that there's a lost piggy.  He's wanted a potbellied pig as a pet for years! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay