De-garmining myself (Read 1541 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Double IPA Please!

Wasn't me though I have taken someone's before a race of which I wasn't racing.

heh Smile

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

You're supposed to enjoy running so if the Garmin makes it less enjoyable, ditch it.  If you are a numbers geek then wear it all day.  Maybe you can even get a portable machine to analyze the air you are exhaling.  That would make for an awesome graph in your log.

+1...last week i went for a run in my local park, i saw amazing scenery as well as salmon swimming upstream.. man those salmon were huge soo much bigger than what you get at costco lol...

I'm going to to the same thing...with my scale...Big grin

I have 2 scales at home.. 1 which is digital and 1 which is analog.. i chucked out the digital because some mornings, the scale would give me a higher number than what i would like only because i had a big dinner... with the analog i can say to myself .. its of out calibration and continue living life.. lol

If you are struggling to finish runs, or failing to hit some sort of "goal" on a daily run, then the Garmin is not the problem.

I totally agree with you, during training season , i loved my garmin to reach my goals and plus there is always going to be some "unable to reach goal".  But now since season is over for me i would love to get back to basics an remember why i started running in the first place .

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

But now since season is over for me i would love to get back to basics an remember why i started running in the first place .

Sounds like a winner! Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I look my best blurry!

+1...last week i went for a run in my local park, i saw amazing scenery as well as salmon swimming upstream.. man those salmon were huge soo much bigger than what you get at costco lol...

You can't see with your Garmin on? Maybe you need glasses. Pick up some cheaters the next time you're Costco!
              LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I don't run with Garmin and still don't see any salmon.  Skunks, sometimes.

#artbydmcbride

I run with garmin and I saw a skunk too.  Plain as day.

Runners run

my garmin broke last year and it was one of the best things to happen to me.  it's nice to run to a red light and not instinctively tap your wrist