Westboro Baptist(anyone hear about this)? (Read 800 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

However well intentioned, let's keep the religious talk and Bible-quotin' off of RA. It has served us well keeping religion and politics off the main board.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Lia's Daddy

Fred Phelps and his family are big time runners. I read a big (several hundred pages) expose about his screwed up beliefs and they mentioned that he was a runner. They also said that he forces even the youngest children in his "family" to run unhealthy distances in order to toughen them up.
      "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen
        However well intentioned, let's keep the religious talk and Bible-quotin' off of RA. It has served us well keeping religion and politics off the main board.
        Ditto. Take it somewhere else or to a group.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

cat/dog furniture

Fred Phelps and his family are big time runners. I read a big (several hundred pages) expose about his screwed up beliefs and they mentioned that he was a runner. They also said that he forces even the youngest children in his "family" to run unhealthy distances in order to toughen them up.
          True. Quote from the Columbia Track Club's web site: Kathy Phelps, age 16, was the first female to complete a Heart of America Marathon. She did that in 1970, one of those memorable hot ones, in a time of 4:45:38. She was followed by her four sisters. Also completing the marathon were her father, Fred Phelps, Sr. and her five brothers. That's right, there were 11 Phelps family members constituting more than 20% of the field of 53. The Phelps family came from Topeka, Kansas. Their long run, in training, was, typically, a run from Topeka to Lawrence, a marathon distance.

Dave

The only good thing I can say about the whole situation with those WBC nutjobs is that it shows how great the first amendment is. No matter how crazy you are, you still get to voice your views.
            Completely agree. Like Navyjeremy said, whether you agree with the war in Iraq or not, that soldier died protecting that right to free speech and you don't honor that by silencing a group of turds like the WBC folks. Of course, I equally support the rights of the Patriot Riders who blocked the view of the family. Good for them. I've been to Walter Reed and seem some of the injured who've returned to their families. Check out and consider donating to: www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

My legs are killing me

Check out and consider donating to: www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
              A great cause! Thanks for posting the link.