What would you like to see on the summary page? (Read 1975 times)

When I'm training for a race, I usually print out my training schedule and stick it on the fridge. Everytime I get a run completed I cross it out. It's motivating to see how far I've gone and how much is left to do in one glimpse. So when training programs are going to be in Wink, I definitely would like this to be my main page what I have left until the race in a calendar format. Other than that, It would be handy to see the list of groups I am part of. And also, be able to change the default graph with a custom one would be neat. Thanks Eric!
      How about: 1. One-liner describing my last workout, kind of going the other direction from weekly, monthly, and yearly totals. Just the basics: distance (if approp.), duration, pace, course name, and date. Often, I'd like to know at a glance what my last workout was when I sign in to my log. 2. Average weekly, monthly, and yearly mileage over the whole (?) history in my log, so I can see how the last few periods (wks or mos) compare to what I "typically" do. Maybe they're rolling (aka moving) averages just over the last 52 wks, so they're somewhat representative and not too out of date. 3. I often wish there were a few more wks and mos listed, esp. since monthly totals can't be found anywhere else in the log (I think). (I've wanted to see a monthly total on the calendar page for some time.) Can you do 12 mos and like 20 or 24 wks? 4. I like the idea of a custom chart -- I'd plot a line chart of pace with a bar chart of distance. 5. I'm ambivalent on being able to click to a workout from the chart. Mapping the chart graphic to links sounds kind of painful and not very robust if you don't have perfect control of the charting. 6. Instead, I like the idea of a mini-calendar that can take you to, say, a short list of the workouts for a selected day, from which you can one-more-click edit those workouts or add another. In fact, you could have an "Add workout" link on that page that opens the workout entry page with the date pre-populated to the right date. (One of the tedious things that I find when backfilling my log is having to carefully type in the old dates in the proper format. Clicking on a calendar to add a workout or clicking on a day and then an add button would be great.) Back to the mini-calendar: maybe it just shows totals for the day instead of all the workouts. After all, it's a mini-calendar. 7. Search button or link or text box. That's all I can think of now. -tm35
        How about: 2. Average weekly, monthly, and yearly mileage over the whole (?) history in my log, so I can see how the last few periods (wks or mos) compare to what I "typically" do. Maybe they're rolling (aka moving) averages just over the last 52 wks, so they're somewhat representative and not too out of date.
        This is probably obvious to you and everyone else, but it occurred to me that now that you've relaxed the reqmnts for entering a run so that a time and distance aren't both required, you have to be careful when calculating an average pace for a set of runs. While separate time and distance totals do have meaning, the simple ratio of those two numbers won't necessarily be the intended avg pace if some of the runs are missing either distances or times. To compute the right avg, I think you'll have to compute special sums that only include runs that have both fields defined. -tm35
        eric :)

Thanks everyone! These are great ideas and I'll try to incorporate them. I can't make any promises on any specific requests, but I'll do my best. In the meanwhile, just keep them coming!
            Would it be possible to add an option of having a line graph of date vs pace displayed on top of date vs distance bar graph? Ewa
            I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill