Fireworks of another sort, and a bonked run (Read 151 times)

obiebyke

Last night: 4th of July, fireworks, fun. Crowds in the city. One big group of teens was pretty rowdy, so my friends and I got on the sidewalk to be on watch. And a fight broke out. Before I knew it, a kid was face down unconscious in the middle of the street with blood puddling around his head. With all the fireworks pops going on, I thought he'd been shot and ran toward the fight, telling other kids to run (instead of starting a bigger brawl) and instructing folks not to move him in case it was his spine, and stopping traffic. It turned out he had just been knocked out, but he was unconscious for several minutes. The cops let his crew walk away.

So the delayed adrenaline is hitting me today. I went on what was supposed to be a 33 minute run (I'm doing OHR), thinking last night over in my head. And lo and behold, at 30 minutes, a wave of severe dizziness hit me and I had to sit down on the sidewalk. Coincidence? I think not. Was that my adrenaline or what?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Feeling the growl again

Had that feeling after dog charges and encounters with road rage drivers.  adrenaline can do that to you.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

joescott

Probably.  I've had adrenaline make me feel sick (and, weirdly enough, sore too) for hours after an inducing event.  Doesn't surprise me that it could have gorked your run today.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Julia1971

Maybe stress more than adrenaline.  But, yeah.  As much as people say running is or can be a stress reliever, when I'm super stressed, I have trouble running.  My paces are usually all over the place.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I agree with the majority. I run in a rough section of town and once thought someone was pointing a gun at me (they weren't). I lost all feeling from the neck down and didn't recover until the next day. I couldn't even break a 10:00 mile the rest of that run.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54