Just broke 1,000 miles for 2008 (Read 1155 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Well Marcus, Im not going to try to one-up you since I cant. This is really awesome! 1,000 miles and it was only the end of April. Do you have a year-end goal? Your two-a-days are incredible! Good job, man.
    Thanks! No total mileage goal. I am not the type to run and track miles just for the sake of accumulating them. Immediate goal: rehab my right knee (thus the crap week I just had and next week will be on the light side too). But a break sometimes is a good thing.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Non ducor, duco.

Will I make myself out to be an idiot if I ask you who that guy is in your avatar? Just curious.
        I was going to mention breaking 300 miles but what the heck!
        I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock

The Greatest of All Time

Will I make myself out to be an idiot if I ask you who that guy is in your avatar? Just curious.
          R u serious? It's Dr. Dre...from NWA...also the best damn hip hop producer in history, IMHO anyway. I don't like modern hip hop, but Dre's album The Chronic still gets play in my car weekly and it was released in 1992. Dre brought up Snoop and Eminem just to name a couple. Your rhymes sound like you bought 'em at Stop n' Go, Dre came to wax ya so call me Mop n' Glo--Not off the Chronic

The Greatest of All Time

Double

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

<--- *wonders how long it is before there is a 3k mile group* ;) *wonders="" how="" long="" it="" is="" before="" there="" is="" a="" 3k="" mile="" group*=""></--- *wonders how long it is before there is a 3k mile group* ;)>

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

<--- *wonders="" how="" long="" it="" is="" before="" there="" is="" a="" 3k="" mile="" group*=""></--->
                What would you call it? Super-swamp? Black Lagoon? I know if I tried to run 3K I would FEEL like the creature from the black lagoon and probably look like it too. 3000 miles of port-a-potty reservoirs.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Non ducor, duco.

R u serious? It's Dr. Dre...from NWA...also the best damn hip hop producer in history, IMHO anyway. I don't like modern hip hop, but Dre's album The Chronic still gets play in my car weekly and it was released in 1992. Dre brought up Snoop and Eminem just to name a couple. Your rhymes sound like you bought 'em at Stop n' Go, Dre came to wax ya so call me Mop n' Glo--Not off the Chronic
                  We are the same age Marcus but seriously, I never have liked hip-hop-not even in 1992. I know that makes me a total nerd. I actually listen to Prairie Home Companion on NPR. Blush , I have this theory that your musical tastes are altered in childhood. My sister is ten years older than me so I listened to all her stuff. I have Jackson Browne, Styx and yes, the Bee Gees on my Ipod today. <running to sample dr. dre now to save myself from myself. to="" sample="" dr.="" dre="" now="" to="" save="" myself="" from="" myself.=""></running to sample dr. dre now to save myself from myself. >

The Greatest of All Time

We are the same age Marcus but seriously, I never have liked hip-hop-not even in 1992. I know that makes me a total nerd. I actually listen to Prairie Home Companion on NPR. Blush , I have this theory that your musical tastes are altered in childhood. My sister is ten years older than me so I listened to all her stuff. I have Jackson Browne, Styx and yes, the Bee Gees on my Ipod today. <running to="" sample="" dr.="" dre="" now="" to="" save="" myself="" from=""></running>
                    I listen to NPR at times too. I really only like old school hip hop. The stuff today is what I call Pop Hop. There are too many artists and the talent pool isn't very deep. No one could rap like Chuck D. No one could spin like Jam Master J, and no one produces like Dre. I really like some of Eminem's stuff, but probably because Dre did the music. Eminem can flow with the best of them though. I grew up in the inner city (not the projects or anything) so a lot of early urban-type music hit home. Back in the day you could always hear Sugarhill Gang and Grandmaster Flash blasting from houses on my street. For me, that's where early rap started. Songs like Rapper's Delight and The Message are classics and early examples of sampling. And I like Styx too. Paradise Theatre was a great album. I am also ashamed to admit I have some Bee Gee's on my iPod as well.

Queen of 3rd Place

Amazing datapoint. Man, I've gotta get faster - looking at your log, you've run a bit over 7 hrs a week, every week this year. 7 hrs only nets me about 40 mi Blush Arla

Ex runner

The Greatest of All Time

Amazing datapoint. Man, I've gotta get faster - looking at your log, you've run a bit over 7 hrs a week, every week this year. 7 hrs only nets me about 40 mi Blush Arla
                        The faster you run, the less amount of time you spend running. Big grin You'll get there. Keep at it.

A Saucy Wench

The faster you run, the less amount of time you spend running. Big grin You'll get there. Keep at it.
                          actually, the faster I run the MORE time I spend running. Roll eyes

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The Greatest of All Time

actually, the faster I run the MORE time I spend running. Roll eyes
                            Hmmmm. How's that working for you? Tongue

Think Whirled Peas

Hey, sorry I'm late to this one, but DAMN! Marcus, you're one crazy S.O.B.!!! Keep at it big guy, you're gonna CRUSH 'EM come race day. You're one fast landshark! Q

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>