Just broke 1,000 miles for 2008 (Read 1155 times)

A Saucy Wench

Dayyyum I swear I will never do that... Course if anyone would have told me I would do what I AM doing I would have said they were high, so in 2 years when ds enters preschool (not that I am counting) and I have a little more time.....

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The Greatest of All Time

Course if anyone would have told me I would do what I AM doing I would have said they were high, so in 2 years when ds enters preschool (not that I am counting) and I have a little more time.....
      Exactly. Same thing happened to all of us. Once you start scheduling your life around your running...well it's over. Two weeks ago I had to work until at least 8:30 every night which was cutting into my evening run. I was pissed. The solution was to go run during lunch. Got to get those doubles in somehow. But a few weeks before that the same thing happened and I was forced to get both runs in during my morning run. I hate it when responsibility messes with my training. Hate it, hate it, hate it.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      JakeKnight

Dude. I had no idea you were running that much. Well done! Next time you measure your biceps, add a bonus inch. You deserve it. (Insert obvious Scout's mom joke here)

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Very impressive! Smile

Michelle

Well done Marcus. I'm not even going to say anything about measuring your flexed biceps as I'm more mature than the gorilla.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Another Passion

Awesome stuff, Marcus! It's running antics of people like you, Trent, and JK that make me get out and damage my leg more and more! Big grin

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Great job, Marcus! Definitely an inspiration.

My legs are killing me

Great job Marcus! Keep this up and you'll catch Long Run Nick.

The Greatest of All Time

Great job Marcus! Keep this up and you'll catch Long Run Nick.
                    She-it. I had to nix the 100 mile week. Knees are acting up. I have a marathon May 18 and don't want to blow it as I am in pretty good marathon shape with the limited amount of base that I have (4 months). Looking to go sub 3 and am in good enough shape to do it (I think). Going to see a sports doc today.
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

My legs are killing me

You have the base to break 3hrs easy. Good luck with the knee. I think sometimes the body tells us to slow down a little.

Why is it sideways?

Looking to go sub 3 and am in good enough shape to do it (I think).
                        Sandbagger.
                        allout88

Nice. I am gunning for a 115 mile week in july, but i am just gonna go 50-60 for most of this month. Doing a 100 mile week really isn't too hard it's just doing 100 QUALITY miles in a week that is killer.

Non ducor, duco.

Well Marcus, Im not going to try to one-up you since I cant. This is really awesome! 1,000 miles and it was only the end of April. Do you have a year-end goal? Your two-a-days are incredible! Good job, man.
                            JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Dude. I had no idea you were running that much. Well done! Next time you measure your biceps, add an bonus optical inch. You deserve it. (Insert obvious Scout's mom joke here)
                              Fixed.
                              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                              runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Way to go. 1000 miles . That's my goal for next year.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/