"Team Jennipede" earns world record! (Read 874 times)

Princess Cancer Pants

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

Oh roo roooo!

Glad to hear this!  I was working in bag pickup there yesterday and as of 12:30 when my shift ended, which was 5 hours after the start, they hadn't come thru yet so I was hoping they were going to make it.

Chicago Tribune reports that the record was set.

Link

2013 Goals
        1) Break 1:50 in a HM (PR 1:52:19)
        2) Break 4:00 in a Marathon (PR 4:20:39)

Princess Cancer Pants

Glad to hear this!  I was working in bag pickup there yesterday and as of 12:30 when my shift ended, which was 5 hours after the start, they hadn't come thru yet so I was hoping they were going to make it.

I'm glad it went well.  I can't even imagine the logistics of keeping 62 people tethered together for a mile, much less 26.2x that distance.  The potty stops issue had to be interesting.  I love that Jenny was able to participate with the group for a stretch.

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

DoppleBock

She has always been a really nice person - Good to see the $ raised and the record.

7/20/17 #247 Comeback #19 ... 10/8 - Glacial Trail 50M