Running Backpack (Read 723 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Does anyone currently use a lightweight backpack for running? I am looking for something somewhat body conforming and does not need to be a hydration pack (actually would like one that is not a water pack). Looking to use for running to/from work with clothes inside primarily. Also to use when I finally get myself to run longer ultra races. Thanks.

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)
      I have a Lowe Contour Runner25. About a decade old. Loved it - and still do, but such packs have come a long way. Mine has no hydtration. Back when I bought it, it wasn't an option - or at least not prevalent. I'd think now, hydration is almost standard. You would't HAVE to use it, but it's a nice feature. What you'll be wanting are compression straps to quiet the bouncies and comfy straps. Waist strap and the little sternum linky strap are key. http://www.zombierunner.com/store/ ought to get you started.

Running Dad

I have an Outdoor brand back pack that's hydration compatible. It's padded in the right spots too. I've never taken it for runs but I use it when I ride my bike. It handles well over bumps and when it's cinched down it doesn't move at all. You could put a change of clothes in there but I'm not sure how much space you'd need. Something to check out.
        Things to do this year:
        Not get an injury
        Things done this year:
        Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??