RA Status: update 4 (Read 335 times)

eric :)

Hi all,

I will be heading over to the data center in a few minutes to survey and repair the damage.  It means I will shut down the server to see if I can bring the disk arrays back online.  You won't be able to access RA during this time.

I have no started restoring the data from the last several days yet.  I wanted to make sure the restoration process does not result in further data loss.  I don't know what can go wrong, but at this point, I'm in paranoia mode.  I am making a copy of all the files onto a separate disk so that I would have something to fall back on should I screw up somehow.  There are millions of files so the copy process takes a long time.  It should not affect the site in anyway but thought I would keep you updated on the progress.

eric Smile

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

I know you're churning butter underwater, but we just see the calm, cool, collected part above the water line.

Cold steel above teh water line.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
      Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm in the process of restoring 7,679,839 records that somehow disappeared from a table in our database. *SIGH*

Aren't computers fun? Joking

Good luck Eric!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No rush, Eric...don't put yourself out for our hobby site.  Whenever it gets fixed is okeydokey.  Hope the rest of your weekend is a bit more relaxing. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

No rush, Eric...don't put yourself out for our hobby site.  Whenever it gets fixed is okeydokey.  Hope the rest of your weekend is a bit more relaxing. Smile

DON'T ANY OF YOU REALIZE HOW ADDICTED SOME OF US ARE TO RA??!!!

Kidding.  I think.

Smile

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Sorry to hear, Eric.  Good luck, and thank you for all you do for us!

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Eric.  We owe you big time.  Beer is on me if we ever meet face to face. Wink

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Thanks Eric.  We owe you big time.  Beer is on me if we ever meet face to face. Wink

Eric is gonna need a new liver if he meets enough of us face to face. Nobody can drink that much free beer.

Kalsarikännit

Nobody can drink that much free beer.

I accept your challenge.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart