Running is boring. (Read 417 times)

Seattle prattle

recently i tried "running" errands to add another level to the mundaneness of running.

I'll figure some small thing i need within a distance of maybe 5 miles or so, strap on a very lightweight backpack that i have which is actually a very streamlined hydration pack with the water sack pulled out, and head out to go pick it up. And seattle traffic being what it is, this is actually not a bad strategy on saving time.

I only do this on recovery runs, of course.

Its kind of fun. Or maybe i'm just boring.

I also bought a book of Trail Runs in Washington. I did a few of them, much fewer than i thought i would, but now that the weather is warming up, maybe i will give them another try.

I used to run around my son's outdoor sports games (soccer, frisbee, baseball) when he was younger, but now that he is in HS, he's asked me not to.

I know there's got to be some other thing i can do while running, just need to put my mind to it.

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

I'll double down on that sentiment.

Am I the only one who does mathematics problems in their head while running, just to pass the time?

I wear an MP3 player and listen to music, but even that gets tedious.

I used to calculate my potential marathon finishing time in my head while running, based on my current mile pace.

So, I'm running an eight minute mile. There are 25 miles in the marathon. Eight times 25 is 200. 200 divided by 60 is 180 (three hours) with twenty minutes left over. So three hours and twenty minutes, plus the 1.2 miles I didn't originally account for so add in 8-10 more minutes for roughly a 3:30 finish time. I don't know how many time I've done that math while running.

Mmmmm...beer

Correction, *road* running is boring. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

moldoe

recently i tried "running" errands to add another level to the mundaneness of running.

I'll figure some small thing i need within a distance of maybe 5 miles or so, strap on a very lightweight backpack that i have which is actually a very streamlined hydration pack with the water sack pulled out, and head out to go pick it up. And seattle traffic being what it is, this is actually not a bad strategy on saving time.

I only do this on recovery runs, of course.

Its kind of fun. Or maybe i'm just boring.

I also bought a book of Trail Runs in Washington. I did a few of them, much fewer than i thought i would, but now that the weather is warming up, maybe i will give them another try.

I used to run around my son's outdoor sports games (soccer, frisbee, baseball) when he was younger, but now that he is in HS, he's asked me not to.

I know there's got to be some other thing i can do while running, just need to put my mind to it.

I live about 5-6 miles from my office  where we have a small gym with showers. This year I'm planning to start running to work and back home.

T Hound

Slower but happier

I live about 5-6 miles from my office  where we have a small gym with showers. This year I'm planning to start running to work and back home.

I want to do this.  My job is 20 miles away but there is a rails to trails.  Though some of it is a little sketchy and after work would eventually get into the night.  At least that would keep me moving.  Just one time though.  What u got there is near perfect 5-6 miles and a shower.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

nocontroln

I never get board running unless it is indoors on a treadmill. Running is when I do my best thinking.

T Hound

Slower but happier

I listen to podcasts or books a lot.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

Kalsarikännit

OH THE FUCK NO, BEING ALONE WITH ONE’S THOUGHTS!!!

mta:  there is a strong possibility that I’m ok with this because I’m simple and like birds chirping in my head.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Joann Y

mta:  there is a strong possibility that I’m ok with this because I’m simple and like birds chirping in my head.

Agh! The pain!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

If I heard chirping, I would be happy.  Unfortunately, it's constant ringing and it's driving me batty.  It's been about two years now - I think a side effect from a med I took for awhile.

Rusty C

It is only if you say it is.  Turn it into a possitive

If you find running boring...then perhaps you should run more.

As with any feeling...if felt, feel it more.

Maybe...if you're ready.

If not, well....

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/