A couple of Suggestions (Read 712 times)

1.)  While I'm sure its overdone and is probably in progress, can other forms of cross training be added as activities, such as Elliptical, Skiing, Poolrunning, etc, etc?  Would be helpful

2.)  When replying to a topic, can the displayed posts listed under your post-in-progress be in order of MOST recent?  Most people read the first post before posting, hopefully anyway, and most posts are in response to the most recent posts made in a thread.  Would be helpful.

Also, is the fact that the route measurement automatically starts centered over Stanford University a joke, or just reverence paid to their program? (Note:  I live in IL, so its not like its a close hub or zip code) Chris Derrick may be awesome, but the router measurer need not make his running ground the center of its universe.

Hays in the barn. Sack it up. Get After it. Just one more mile, just one more mile, just one more sad little mile in my miles of trials. God, how I do love every last one of them.

1.)  While I'm sure its overdone and is probably in progress, can other forms of cross training be added as activities, such as Elliptical, Skiing, Poolrunning, etc, etc?  Would be helpful

2.)  When replying to a topic, can the displayed posts listed under your post-in-progress be in order of MOST recent?  Most people read the first post before posting, hopefully anyway, and most posts are in response to the most recent posts made in a thread.  Would be helpful.

Also, is the fact that the route measurement automatically starts centered over Stanford University a joke, or just reverence paid to their program? (Note:  I live in IL, so its not like its a close hub or zip code) Chris Derrick may be awesome, but the router measurer need not make his running ground the center of its universe.

For #1, on the training log page, hover over New Run Entry for a second and you will see some other default activities like bike and swim. If you want others, go to Options->Manage My Activities and add whatever you want.

Can't help with #2, except to suggest clicking into topics with the Last Post column.

If you go to Options->Locale, you can use the Default Map Location and the maps will default to wherever you like. It probably defaults to Stanford out of reverence paid to Google's birthplace.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

For 1:  Oh, why thank you for that.

For 2:  Thats what one has to do, but its inconvient.  Since every other forum I have been lists most recent posts under the replying window, I think it is a tried n true feature.

That makes a whole lot more sense- and is a good bit less fun- than my idea.  Sadface.

Hays in the barn. Sack it up. Get After it. Just one more mile, just one more mile, just one more sad little mile in my miles of trials. God, how I do love every last one of them.
        eric :)

HotSoup,

Would you settle for having the editor at the bottom of the page instead?  Changing the order of posts when you reply may confuse users.  I rather change the layout than the expected behavior.

sAc238

Zeus

I wouldn't change anything for this crybaby.  He couldn't even figure out items #1 and #3, let him "suffer" with #2.

2nd life PR's: 19:24 5k / 39:52 10k / 1:27:36 1/2 mar / 3:08:03 marathon

keeponrunning

I wouldn't change anything for this crybaby.  He couldn't even figure out items #1 and #3, let him "suffer" with #2.

+1.  You have hundreds, possibly thousands, of people who are loyal to this site and love the way it is laid out, or they wouldn't use it.  Don't change it for one person.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022